Wanting to add a backhoe # 609 attachment to a bobcat

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

mmsllc

I have several bobcats, 753, 763 & 773. Will the same backhoe # 609 brackets (that came off a 753) work for all of those models? Will it work on a # 853 or 863? The reason I ask is because I may sell a machine with this attachment, or may keep it for a possible future business opportunity. I'm pretty sure that the answer is yes, but a solid answer based on experience would be helpful.

SkidRoe

I am assuming this is a Bradco 609 backhoe attachment, correct?
Seeing as you have had no reply as of yet, have you tried calling Bradco?
Also, are all of your machines the same series? I could see there being differences between F and G series machines. And definite differences between a 7XX and 8XX machine.
Cheers - SR

OP
OP
M

mmsllc

http://www.everythingattachments.com/
Actually the backhoe attachment is a true to life BOBCAT # 709, not the # 609 that I thought it was. I was looking at putting this attachment on a 753, 763 or a 773 machine. It appears to need a few / all hydraulic hoses to be replaced before I can press it into service. I did see everything move correctly, but she just leaks too much to try to use as it is now. I think it sat a lot & the leaks are from the hyd. hoses rotting away. I paid $1,100 for it & it runs / works GREAT for what I have in it.

SkidRoe

Actually the backhoe attachment is a true to life BOBCAT # 709, not the # 609 that I thought it was. I was looking at putting this attachment on a 753, 763 or a 773 machine. It appears to need a few / all hydraulic hoses to be replaced before I can press it into service. I did see everything move correctly, but she just leaks too much to try to use as it is now. I think it sat a lot & the leaks are from the hyd. hoses rotting away. I paid $1,100 for it & it runs / works GREAT for what I have in it.
For $1100, you stole it!! If it only needs hoses, that is great.
Cheers - SR

OP
OP
M

mmsllc

For $1100, you stole it!! If it only needs hoses, that is great.
Cheers - SR
Yeah, I thought it was too good to pass up. It was a pain to deal with once I got it home. They left it in some god awful configuration making it hard to unload it & make it ready for connecting. However, it needs most (if not all hoses) to be replaced, a seat (that was missing!!) & a pin for the left side; where it hooks up to the mounting bracket. I'm stoked. I've seen it function very nice. It was only attached to a 753, but seemed to have a lot of hydraulic / digging power. I was very surprised, pleasantly, of course. Is there MUCH difference between the 609 & 709 models? Is one simply larger & therefore stronger?

Latest posts