Wanted - 753 starter, denso part number

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Tazza

Staff member
I went and bought a non running 753 yesterday, i was wondering if someone with a 753 can look at the number on the starter motor. There should be a bobcat number with 66xxxx on it as well as a Denso number. I believe a 763 uses the same starter too. I need the Denso number to see if i can get an aftermarket one from the local auto store.
Any help would be appreciated!

OP
OP
T

Tazza

Staff member
Details have been found!
The price they want is about the same as the dealer...... Time for me to look around for a second hand starter!

mllud

Details have been found!
The price they want is about the same as the dealer...... Time for me to look around for a second hand starter!
Tazza
Im just curious what does a starter cost for a 753? We have shops thats specialize in rebuilding starters and alternators.
If your starter was missing when you bought your new machine you wouldnt have that option.
Mike

skidsteer.ca

Tazza
Im just curious what does a starter cost for a 753? We have shops thats specialize in rebuilding starters and alternators.
If your starter was missing when you bought your new machine you wouldnt have that option.
Mike
On a 773 g with a kubota 2203 the #'s are 6667585 and Denso 228000-5811
Ken

OP
OP
T

Tazza

Staff member
On a 773 g with a kubota 2203 the #'s are 6667585 and Denso 228000-5811
Ken
The price i got from Bobcat was approx $700 + tax, so $770. He said he can't give a firm price as i didn't have the serial number at the time. My dad made a few calls and can get one for just under $400 with tax.
Ken - i got 6667587 but the other numbers are exactly the same. That was the number off a 763 but i assume the starters are the same as they all run the V2203 Kubota engines. Thanks for checking on it!
The machine should be in Brisbane on the weekend, i should have it early to mid next week as it needs to be collected on a tilt tray. No starter so naturally it won't be moving very far under its own power :)

thetool

The price i got from Bobcat was approx $700 + tax, so $770. He said he can't give a firm price as i didn't have the serial number at the time. My dad made a few calls and can get one for just under $400 with tax.
Ken - i got 6667587 but the other numbers are exactly the same. That was the number off a 763 but i assume the starters are the same as they all run the V2203 Kubota engines. Thanks for checking on it!
The machine should be in Brisbane on the weekend, i should have it early to mid next week as it needs to be collected on a tilt tray. No starter so naturally it won't be moving very far under its own power :)
Oh boy, a new Aussie phrase, "Collected on a tilt tray". =)
"Loaded onto a tilt-deck truck or trailer", right? =)
G'day!

OP
OP
T

Tazza

Staff member
Oh boy, a new Aussie phrase, "Collected on a tilt tray". =)
"Loaded onto a tilt-deck truck or trailer", right? =)
G'day!
LOL
We call them tilt trays, so its the same thing as you saying a tilt deck truck.
Here is an example, don't mind the *stare* I'm watching the driver as he is directing me how far to the left or right i needed to move. Its really not that easy with the hoe attachment on believe me! That thing just wanted to tip forward on me.
153_5337.jpg

thetool

LOL
We call them tilt trays, so its the same thing as you saying a tilt deck truck.
Here is an example, don't mind the *stare* I'm watching the driver as he is directing me how far to the left or right i needed to move. Its really not that easy with the hoe attachment on believe me! That thing just wanted to tip forward on me.
hehe-
That's actually a "roll-back".
I would have driven forward with the Hoe.
I pictured you as better-looking , =).
Beautiful place, nice machine.

skidsteer.ca

770 Wow, how much would it cost to ship a rebuilt one from Canada or the US.
I thinking I could buy a reman for under 200.00 from our local starter shop.
Ken

OP
OP
T

Tazza

Staff member
770 Wow, how much would it cost to ship a rebuilt one from Canada or the US.
I thinking I could buy a reman for under 200.00 from our local starter shop.
Ken
The driver wanted me to put it on that way, so i had my *orders*. Yes, my stunned look is kind of bad.....
Ken - i agree, that price is just insane, i have gotten better prices at least. Mark has informed me that they have had quite a few problems with the old denso starters, the bendix gear is getting stuck on the shaft, they how have a new line of top quality ones. I have spoken to a friend that also works on skid steers locally and he said the starters are like hens teeth.

Latest posts