Used parts/salvage yard?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Jeffscarstrucks

I am looking for one or two of the small wheels on the undercarriage of an ASV MD70. I would like to have a couple of extra so that I can change them out while the machine is still in service and repack or rebuild the ones that are off. This old dog is just for my personal use and is giving me a nice little challenge for the summer but was priced right so why not! If some one knows of a source of used parts that might have something like this I would appreciate it. Thanks, Jeff

Tazza

Staff member
Unless you can find an old wreck i can see it being a little tough. I'm sure if you called your dealer they will jsut want to sell you a new one and not sell you a used one that you can repair causing them not to get the sale if a new roller.
You never know your luck, you may be able to find some! Even better if they were free, then you spend a little to repair.

OP
OP
Jeffscarstrucks

Jeffscarstrucks

Unless you can find an old wreck i can see it being a little tough. I'm sure if you called your dealer they will jsut want to sell you a new one and not sell you a used one that you can repair causing them not to get the sale if a new roller.
You never know your luck, you may be able to find some! Even better if they were free, then you spend a little to repair.
It did cross my mind to by a new one but I am hoping to find a used one or two first. The ASV dealer does know me by name now and I am not sure that is a good thing??? Thanks, Jeff

OP
OP
Jeffscarstrucks

Jeffscarstrucks

It did cross my mind to by a new one but I am hoping to find a used one or two first. The ASV dealer does know me by name now and I am not sure that is a good thing??? Thanks, Jeff
It looks like the guys at the factory ASV store might have a couple of wheels for me. I will call back Tuesday to find out. It is nice to talk to the factory service guys as a resource....not able to do that with all makes. Thanks to all who contribute to this forum, it has become my main knowledge base for these machines. JEFF