new owner, used ASV SR80, rookie problem

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

schreib

I need to remove some hydraulic fluid from the top. . . Not really, but some diesel oil . . . I accidentally started feeding diesel into the wrong hole(right next to each other), stopped almost immediately. Probably only put a few ounces in(sight gauge went up 1/8"). I would like to remove the top 1/2 gallons or so of fluid in hopes of removing the diesel fuel. I have a good hand pump but the two tubes I tried both won't make it down the S turn into the reservoir. I know it is possible to sample the hydraulic fluid for oil analysis. . How and specficially what tubing does one use? should be a simple solution.

ASVBRATT

Not sure if that little of diesel would even hurt, but for how sensitive the hydrostatic pump system is, I might consider new fluid, and filters.

OP
OP
schreib

schreib

Not sure if that little of diesel would even hurt, but for how sensitive the hydrostatic pump system is, I might consider new fluid, and filters.
after speaking with ASV / Telex tech guys, they agreed it is no problem. . . thanks for your input just the same.

OP
OP
schreib

schreib

also, I have put a number of hours on it since and no problem at all.