Big ERIC parts

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

TobyMueller

New to the forum and looking for opinions on finding parts for a Big ERIC skid steer or do I just scrap it. I think that one of the drive transfer units is shot. I have no drive on one side. I have serviced the chain, made sure the gears are good, new gear oil, and fixed the idler on that side. It did work for a short while with a lot of noise and now no power to that side. Is there any place that has parts for that old of a loader? I bought it used years ago and have used it on my farm. It has seen a lot of use. I'm questioning if it is worth the time to take out the unit (it looks like a lot of hoses and work) if I can not rebuild or buy one. Any thoughts or opinions would be helpful. Thanks

flyerdan

There seems to be very little information out there about these, best I could find was a brochure for a Big Eric 4058, which has either a V4 liquid cooled Ford or a V4 Wisconsin air cooled engine. If that is the case, I would suspect that it used the same Vickers pumps as my 700 bobcat, and probably a lot of other components.
A thread on yesterday's tractors seems to indicate that Gehl might have absorbed them at some time, they might offer support and of course Loader Parts Source should be able to tell you what was used and if it's available. They advertise here so just contact them through a link and see what they know.

OP
OP
T

TobyMueller

There seems to be very little information out there about these, best I could find was a brochure for a Big Eric 4058, which has either a V4 liquid cooled Ford or a V4 Wisconsin air cooled engine. If that is the case, I would suspect that it used the same Vickers pumps as my 700 bobcat, and probably a lot of other components.
A thread on yesterday's tractors seems to indicate that Gehl might have absorbed them at some time, they might offer support and of course Loader Parts Source should be able to tell you what was used and if it's available. They advertise here so just contact them through a link and see what they know.
Thank you for the information. I will look into the information you posted. I do have the air-cooled version although it is not the original engine.

Latest posts