Two questions on '00 Mustang 2040:

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Rookie

1) Brake locks won't release, or drag clickety-clack in cold (30°F to 45°F) weather even after the engine, and presumably the hydraulic oil, is warmed up. Any ideas? 2) Hydraulic oil temp. gauge doesn't work. Where in the world is the sending unit?

skidsteer.ca

Go to tradebit.com and see if you can download a service manual for this machine. Sorry I am not familair with them.
Sending units on many bobcat and NH is located on the hydraulic filter housing along with the charge pressure sender.
Are you sure the noise is not just a stretched final drive chain dragging against something in the chain case?
Skidsteer.ca

OP
OP
Rookie

Rookie

Go to tradebit.com and see if you can download a service manual for this machine. Sorry I am not familair with them.
Sending units on many bobcat and NH is located on the hydraulic filter housing along with the charge pressure sender.
Are you sure the noise is not just a stretched final drive chain dragging against something in the chain case?
Skidsteer.ca
Thanks for the reply. The temp sending unit is not on either of the hydraulic filter heads. I'll get a manual and hopefully I'll be able to trace it out. I'm sure it's the brake I'm hearing. It's like it isn't fully releasing or hanging up, and it doesn't do it in warmer weather.

skidsteer.ca

Thanks for the reply. The temp sending unit is not on either of the hydraulic filter heads. I'll get a manual and hopefully I'll be able to trace it out. I'm sure it's the brake I'm hearing. It's like it isn't fully releasing or hanging up, and it doesn't do it in warmer weather.
Tradebit has one for a 2042 http://www.tradebit.com/filesharing.php/search/0/mustang+2042
not sure how diferent they are but still likely worth $25
This is a parts manual, not a service manual though.
Do they use a spring applied hydraulic release parking brake?
If so perhaps a seal is leaking when cold and not fully releasing the brake??
Skidsteer.ca

dieselwiezil

is your chain case filling up with oil? They are spring applied and hyd release. I think the temp sender is in the brake block or the block where the charge pressure sensor is.

OP
OP
Rookie

Rookie

is your chain case filling up with oil? They are spring applied and hyd release. I think the temp sender is in the brake block or the block where the charge pressure sensor is.
Left chain case gets a little extra oil so the brake release must be leaking by. Are these rebuildable? Just looking at it suggests it;s a throw-away. Found the hyd. temp. sensor, it was right where you said it would be. Thanks a lot.