Tree and brush puller. Now the welding.......

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

mllud

LeBlond now owns and services the South Bend lathe line. They can tell you when your lathe was made and for who. http://www.southbendlathe.com/ You can also check here to get a general idea of when yours was made. http://www.wswells.com/serial_number.html I have a 16" x 57" South Bend and use it all the time. It was made in 1946 and still runs great.
Old Machinist
Thanks for the links. Those lathes look us through wars. Its sad what has happen to a lot the old mills and lathes. A lot has been junked. They call it obsolete. Accept the ones being bought for personal use.
With the CNC phase the people running them no longer even know how to build a part. Some dont even know how to program it. Those cnc's will die young and just be replaced.I dont mean to rant. I respect the quality of what was built.
Its Time to go eat Turkey. Have a good Thanksgiving
Mike

OP
OP
P

perry

Old Machinist
Thanks for the links. Those lathes look us through wars. Its sad what has happen to a lot the old mills and lathes. A lot has been junked. They call it obsolete. Accept the ones being bought for personal use.
With the CNC phase the people running them no longer even know how to build a part. Some dont even know how to program it. Those cnc's will die young and just be replaced.I dont mean to rant. I respect the quality of what was built.
Its Time to go eat Turkey. Have a good Thanksgiving
Mike
Mike, I got this number years ago. these people have parts for south bends. Don't know if it's good anymore?.
574-289-7771
There was also some guy on ebay selling parts that wear out more frequently.

mllud

Mike, I got this number years ago. these people have parts for south bends. Don't know if it's good anymore?.
574-289-7771
There was also some guy on ebay selling parts that wear out more frequently.
Perry
I use to wonder the industrial machinery section. Its good to know where to buy parts.Thanks
Would like to see your tree/brush puller when done.
Mike

Latest posts