Tractor Supply Replacement Seat supports Delta Switch??

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

shorton

Hey folks, I was at my local Tractor Supply / TSC the other night. They have a universal replacement seat there that says it support skid steers with a delta switch (seat safety pressure switch). I looked at the bottom of the replacement seat, and it does have a circular punch-out hole where 'I think' the pressure switch button is supposed to be. Has anyone tried making one of these work?? The replacement seat is $90 - it has a plastic pan/shell with threaded metal bolt holes that are supposed to line up with the original seat base and rubberized pads for the bottom and back. Anyone? -stephen

mllud

I would ask if they sell the switch that fits that seat.I dont think the switches and the cutouts are all the same.
I bought a seat from a place that sells seconds. I think it was for a Mahendra(spellimg?) tractor. I had to drill different holes for the switch. The cutout was a different shape. It works fine now.
You could pull your seat and measure the bolt pattern for the seat mount and and the switch mounting holes.Then go to the Tractor Supply and compare. That universal stuff usually requires some drilling . Hopfully not.
A seat from N/H is Probably $175. And their basic seat is junk. How much is the seat your looking at? Mike

mllud

I would ask if they sell the switch that fits that seat.I dont think the switches and the cutouts are all the same.
I bought a seat from a place that sells seconds. I think it was for a Mahendra(spellimg?) tractor. I had to drill different holes for the switch. The cutout was a different shape. It works fine now.
You could pull your seat and measure the bolt pattern for the seat mount and and the switch mounting holes.Then go to the Tractor Supply and compare. That universal stuff usually requires some drilling . Hopfully not.
A seat from N/H is Probably $175. And their basic seat is junk. How much is the seat your looking at? Mike
I see the seat is $90.

OP
OP
S

shorton

Hi Stephen, what model loader do you have? Im in the market for a new seat as well. Keep us posted as to what you find our use and what you did to make it work if it didnt "drop in". Thanks, Bill
I've got a L783. As previously suggested, as soon as I can get some spare time, I'm gonna take the seat off and go down to TSC and compare bolt patterns on the bottom as well as the delta switch cutout hole. I'll keep you guys posted. Thanks.

newhollandnut

I've got a L783. As previously suggested, as soon as I can get some spare time, I'm gonna take the seat off and go down to TSC and compare bolt patterns on the bottom as well as the delta switch cutout hole. I'll keep you guys posted. Thanks.
Shorton, have you had time to check into the seat? I also have a 783 that is going to need a seat.

OP
OP
S

shorton

Shorton, have you had time to check into the seat? I also have a 783 that is going to need a seat.
No Sir, I wanted to, especially since Tractor Supply sent out a coupon recently. But, with the economy, I haven't had the cash. I'm hoping things pick up soon.

mllud

No Sir, I wanted to, especially since Tractor Supply sent out a coupon recently. But, with the economy, I haven't had the cash. I'm hoping things pick up soon.
Were grtting a new tractor supply in Troy Mo. Ive never done bussiness with them. I hear good things.
We need some competition here with the dealers. Mike

newhollandnut

Were grtting a new tractor supply in Troy Mo. Ive never done bussiness with them. I hear good things.
We need some competition here with the dealers. Mike
Mike, you will love tractor supply!!! We have one about every 10 miles. There is nothing you cant find there. The help there is second to none. They will go out of there way to help you. My wife calls it my toys r us.

Earthwerks Unlimited

Mike, you will love tractor supply!!! We have one about every 10 miles. There is nothing you cant find there. The help there is second to none. They will go out of there way to help you. My wife calls it my toys r us.
If it's only the seat cushion and cover you need assuming the stel seat bucket base is good, the dealers sell new cover/cushions. And you can find them on eBay for a little as $35 starting averaging $50 and $75 max. A seat from a New Holland tractor 29 hp and up should fit--my 33hp tractor seat is identical, only it's black not grey. I dunno about the TSC stuff. 99% of the tools and other stuff they sell is basically the same stuff crap you find at the roving Cummins tool dealers that work out of semi-trailers, and Harbor Freight Tools. Their tractor implements are some of the lowest quality junk ever made. They used to sell King Kutter which was not considered to be quailty stuff. Then found a Chinese company to make knock-offs of these. About the ONLY things I buy there are fasteners, hitch pins, some DeWalt tools---when I have to, and welding rod. As far as the PLASTIC seat goes---I wouldn't. Maybe I'm the only one that turns around inside the machine and flops down in the seat? My seat is the factory deluxe suspended one and it bottoms out when my butt hits it. For QUALITY seats try SurplusCenter.com. 1-800-488-3407. They sell everything imaginable hydraulic and electric too. Ask for their 180 page catalog. Also check out baileynet.com which makes and sells all things hydraulics, and they sell bearings and farm and industrial stuff too. Great prices and service. Bailey's has 5 seats that mght work (they show 12 total). Priced from $88 to $129 for the range of 5. These are not junk! Manufacturers buy from them as do guys like us.

Frederick

If it's only the seat cushion and cover you need assuming the stel seat bucket base is good, the dealers sell new cover/cushions. And you can find them on eBay for a little as $35 starting averaging $50 and $75 max. A seat from a New Holland tractor 29 hp and up should fit--my 33hp tractor seat is identical, only it's black not grey. I dunno about the TSC stuff. 99% of the tools and other stuff they sell is basically the same stuff crap you find at the roving Cummins tool dealers that work out of semi-trailers, and Harbor Freight Tools. Their tractor implements are some of the lowest quality junk ever made. They used to sell King Kutter which was not considered to be quailty stuff. Then found a Chinese company to make knock-offs of these. About the ONLY things I buy there are fasteners, hitch pins, some DeWalt tools---when I have to, and welding rod. As far as the PLASTIC seat goes---I wouldn't. Maybe I'm the only one that turns around inside the machine and flops down in the seat? My seat is the factory deluxe suspended one and it bottoms out when my butt hits it. For QUALITY seats try SurplusCenter.com. 1-800-488-3407. They sell everything imaginable hydraulic and electric too. Ask for their 180 page catalog. Also check out baileynet.com which makes and sells all things hydraulics, and they sell bearings and farm and industrial stuff too. Great prices and service. Bailey's has 5 seats that mght work (they show 12 total). Priced from $88 to $129 for the range of 5. These are not junk! Manufacturers buy from them as do guys like us.
For my LS 140 rehab had very good luck with Northern Tool for a metal frame seat that supported a single switch. Required no mods to make work w/ one switch. Cost about $90 and is working well.