New Holland 170 seat switch

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Turbo4whl

Hello, I'm back with more questions. At scout camp they have this 170 that the seat bottom switch popped out. Work around, that is not safe, is a C clamp holding the switch closed. Does this switch look like it's retainer plastic is broken? Or is the bottom of the seat broken? Can you even still buy these parts for an older unit?
thumbnail1.jpg
thumbnail2.jpg
thumbnail3.jpg

Thanks for your help.

Shanmar

I'm 90% confident your seat switch is broken. The parts are available. That seat switch is pretty common. I've seen them on lawn tractors so you might be able to get one at a good lawn and garden shop if you're not near a NH dealer. The New Holland number for the switch is 86400227--$37.18+tax&shipping from messicks.com.

mrbb

lift the seat and look at the bottom of it, thats where the switch should have been mounted too, if you can see what broke off, either switch or did section switch mounts too get damaged?
easier to inspect things before ordering parts, as you may need a new seat and switch, pending on what actually broke

OP
OP
Turbo4whl

Turbo4whl

AG-Industrial in Rising Sun MD had the switch for $16.20. They are located very close to the scout camp, Horseshoe Scout Reservation.

@mrbb I did not see your post before I went to camp today, but I did see how to lift the seat when I got there. Question I had in my head was can you replace the switch without taking the seat apart? Well, yes you can! Thank you and @Shanmar for your help.

mrbb

you can also get safety seat switches on Ebay and other places, some times pretty cheap, there are many that are rather universal in shape and fitment
glad you go things figured out