Tires on NH L225

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Bucks

Hi guys, new to the forum but not to skid steers. Have owned bobcats since 76. We're looking at a new L225. These are available with the 1200x16.5 or the 1400x17.5 tire. Not sure whats the best for general farm use. Mainly moving bales, manure and dirt. We use steel tracks on our Bobcat (which we are keeping) but would like to stick to tires on the NH. Any opinions on the wider 1400 vs. the 1200? Also on the L230 where does the extra weight come from? I assume it's all from extra ballasts? We're looking at buying New Holland because our Bobcat dealer is pathetic.

Mike10

If you are going with steel tracks you will need to stay with the 12.00 tires. I do not think there is enough room between the curved rear fender and the tires for tracks with the 14.00 tires. If you are planning on just using tires and no tracks you will probably be disappointed since you already know what a machine will do with tracks.

OP
OP
B

Bucks

If you are going with steel tracks you will need to stay with the 12.00 tires. I do not think there is enough room between the curved rear fender and the tires for tracks with the 14.00 tires. If you are planning on just using tires and no tracks you will probably be disappointed since you already know what a machine will do with tracks.
Sorry I'll clarify a little more. Most of the time we run just tires on our Bobcat and only put on the tracks when we need them. Don't plan on running tracks with the NH because we'll just use our bobcat in situations where its too much for tires. What I'm wondering is how the 1400's compare to the 1200's for traction and if they're any smoother. If we did decide to run tracks on the NH we would pull our 1000x16.5 off our bobcat and extend the tracks so that is not a problem. Does anyone have any experience with both of these tires on the same machine? Which would you recommend?