Tire life

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

JD4440

How many hours of use should I be getting out of a set of 10-16.5 (chevron tread I think) tires? Approx. 60% concrete/asphalt use. Remaining 40% new construction.

skidsteer.ca

It really depends on how many sharp turns you make, as well as the surface your on. Ashphalt is about the worse next to jagged rock, concrete if its rough is bad to. Some guys throw dirt down if they have to make sharp turns in the same spot,over and over. If you really admire the way you can rotate on the spot, you won't have to worry about weather checking.
As for hours, 200 to 1000 depending on all these factors.
Ken

banzo

It really depends on how many sharp turns you make, as well as the surface your on. Ashphalt is about the worse next to jagged rock, concrete if its rough is bad to. Some guys throw dirt down if they have to make sharp turns in the same spot,over and over. If you really admire the way you can rotate on the spot, you won't have to worry about weather checking.
As for hours, 200 to 1000 depending on all these factors.
Ken
I'm looking into getting my tires retreated at the moment. Doesn't sound like anyone is capable locally right now :( .

skidsteer.ca

I'm looking into getting my tires retreated at the moment. Doesn't sound like anyone is capable locally right now :( .
I'm not sure re treading is worth it unless your casings quite fresh or you have gone to the expense of foam filling your tires. I would recomend checking your casing vary carefully before doing this.
Ken