Tell me if you think this will work

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Mike12

Alright after freezing my butt of clearing snow today after the storm last night decided that I am going to enclose the cab on my Case 1840. local PPG guy is a friend and will cut the side and back window panels out of acrylic for cost so not much expense there. But after talking with him he says that even with rubber washer and what not its still going to crack and fall apart during the winter due to the sub zero temps here in Minnesota. My Idea is to used dual lock acrylic tape in 4 inch long by 1 inch wide strips on the corners and in the center along the sides with the same thickness weather stripping in between the taped areas to seal everything up. I've used this stuff on other projects and it's amazingly strong stuff and will allow better for expansion and contraction and hopefully eliminate the stress that could crack the acrylic. If anyone wants I will take photos and post a step by step with dimensions if you guys thing this Idea will work Plus this will allow for removal at anytime if I want to take it off. The other thing is that I'm a big guy and mounting the heater in between the feet is not going to work for me so I'm thinking of going with this heater. http://www.skidsteerstuff.com/skidsteer_cab_heater.htm as the the guy who runs the site has emailed me pictures of 1840's he's installed them into and looks perfect for me as it's installed in the open space at the rear of the cab and he'll throw in the duct work as he had some laying around. Will fab up a front door over the summer does this sound reasonable???

jerry

On mine I just go to Wal-Mart and in the fabric section they sell clear vinyl that is very thick and lasts for years put it on with gorilla or duct tape. Cost under $4 per 54 inch yard so for ten bucks you can do the cab.

frogfarmer

On mine I just go to Wal-Mart and in the fabric section they sell clear vinyl that is very thick and lasts for years put it on with gorilla or duct tape. Cost under $4 per 54 inch yard so for ten bucks you can do the cab.
The rigid stuff will work but it needs to be very thick to last. Snowballs or rocks will destroy a whole panel in sub zero temps. The thick vinyl is great and with velcro tape is a quick on and off affair. We use the vinyl on the open cab machines.