T750 first impressions

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

reaperman

Ok this review is from a operators standpoint only. We just replaced a T250 with approx 4000 hrs of virtually trouble free hours with a new t750 with all of the bells and whistles. I have only put on about 30 hours on the 750 and our season is about over for the year. So I thought I would share my findings in no specific order. First off the new forward cab design is a page out of caterpillars playbook. My biggest worry is something is going to come over the top of the bucket and find its way into the glass door being its closer to the bucket, I hope I'm wrong. The next thing to notice is the foot controls are wider than any other bobcat machine I have ever been in. I'm not sure why they have spaced them further apart. But to operate it, you have to spread your knees wider and rotate your ankles out and toes inward. Just something to get used to I guess. Speaking of the foot pedals, there is NO room under the foot pedals for dirt, candy wrappers or tools. The older machines had about a foot of room under the pedals. Not to mention access holes to clean out the debris and find all of that stuff you thought was long gone forever. Under the pedals lays a heavy mat that I haven't found a way to remove for what will be frequent cleaning. If the mat could be removed, cleaning would be easier. The next thing a operator may notice would be how fast the fuel gauge drops. If I didn't no better I would swear this engine was made by a company in Saudi Arabia, trying to sell more oil. This machine knows how to drink fuel, the fancy computer verifies this. When running hard, its no problem for this beast to drink up 5 or more gallons/hr. This is crazy for a skidloader to use as much fuel as some of our dozers and mid sized excavators. There is no way to get 8 hrs out of a full (27 gallon) tank. Looking in the engine compartment and one will see 5 fuel lines coming from the injector pump. Is this a 5 cylinder engine? I don't think so. The extra line may be for pollution control and squirt a bit of fuel into the exhaust to help burn any unburned exhaust debris, I'm not sure. The heater in this machine is almost too good, if thats possible. The windows double for thermostats, so getting cold in this machine is virtually impossible, hopefully the AC works as well in the summer. Overall, the machine is powerful, smooth, looks like a beast, lifts higher, has a nice interior cab with air seat, radio, and even a small box to put a few odds and ends. It has a rear bumper, the tail lights are a bit recessed and protected by the door. Also the fuel tank is inside the rear door, something I have never been a fan of. Too often the bobcat isn't the only thing on a trailer and not being able to load anything behind the rear door isn't always convenient. And its not always possible to fuel up before loading. Hopefully, this machine will serve us as well as the t250 did for years. I like the machine and I'm still in the learning curve of getting familiar with it. After putting so many hours on the previous machine, I knew her like the back of my hand. It just takes a bit of adjustment time with something new. Something I would like to see on all bobcats is for the bucket to be able to go down another inch or so. With the machine on level ground and the bucket all the way down, I'd like to see the front end of the machine to lift up a little bit. All that this would take to do is raise the attachment plate on the bucket up a little ways. All to often when driving over a rock or something else the machine will raise up a little and the bucket will follow because it cant go down any further. And the same when back dragging. I'll end with that, happy holidays

Tazza

Staff member
Thanks for the report. Sounds like a nice machine all the same, shame about the extra fuel consumption though...
Do you have details on the engine it runs? we may be able to get more details about the 5th line from the pump.

OP
OP
reaperman

reaperman

Thanks for the report. Sounds like a nice machine all the same, shame about the extra fuel consumption though...
Do you have details on the engine it runs? we may be able to get more details about the 5th line from the pump.
Kubota v 3800

Tazza

Staff member
They just keep getting bigger. My S250 runs a V3300 turbo, now they are at 3.8 litres.....
After reading a bit more, no wonder why it runs effortlessly, it is 114HP!!! That is a beast, the V3300 T ones are about 72hp quite an increase indeed.

OP
OP
reaperman

reaperman

After reading a bit more, no wonder why it runs effortlessly, it is 114HP!!! That is a beast, the V3300 T ones are about 72hp quite an increase indeed.
According to bobcats website the v3800 is rated at 85 hp gross and 81 hp net.

Tazza

Staff member

7LBSSMALLIE

keepining operators happy. is huge. I think you just got to get used it as stated these are first impressionions. put it in the dirt/ make some money for owner. some for yourself. play the hand you got dealt report back in thirty days. but hey regradlass do the walk around top the fluids and grease it every day. if not breakdowns are on you MISTER OPERATOR., they aint all the same. what youre used too. isn't pawpaw s farm unit.. you gonna run it run it play the hand you got dealt. try to break it its under war,/. do not abuse, I think she will exceed yore expactions

7LBSSMALLIE

keepining operators happy. is huge. I think you just got to get used it as stated these are first impressionions. put it in the dirt/ make some money for owner. some for yourself. play the hand you got dealt report back in thirty days. but hey regradlass do the walk around top the fluids and grease it every day. if not breakdowns are on you MISTER OPERATOR., they aint all the same. what youre used too. isn't pawpaw s farm unit.. you gonna run it run it play the hand you got dealt. try to break it its under war,/. do not abuse, I think she will exceed yore expactions
you have had two weeks minus the three hrs you got off for Christmas. what are youre feelings?

OP
OP
reaperman

reaperman

you have had two weeks minus the three hrs you got off for Christmas. what are youre feelings?
My feelings are its a bit chilly here in Minnesota right now. The windchill is -40F and the overnights lows are near -20 and the ground is frozen. With that said, not much bobcatting to be done these days. This is frost ripping season with the D8R, but anyone with any sense isnt opening up holes, so I'm safe until it warms up again. However, I did run the T750 a bit yesterday to finish up a small job. Overall, I do like the machine, I always did. Sometimes I just wonder why some of the changes takes a step backwards. The tracks on the 750 are a couple of inches wider than a t250. This doesnt sound like a big deal, but now the 750 requires a wider bucket to cover the tracks. So to cover the tracks we went from a 78" on the 250 to 84" on the 750, thats 6" wider overall. Six inches is a big difference when trying to work in tight quarters. For some reason, plumbers get pi$$ed when we bump a pipe or two in their endless maze of pipes sticking up everywhere we need to work. Not to mention, 84" is now too wide to fit on all 5 of our skidsteer trailers. The tracks just fit, but the bucket needs to rest on the 1 foot sidewall of the trailer(s). With the bucket lifted up the front door wont open to exit the machine. Solution, drive the machines front end up on blocks so the door can open or use a flatbed trailer. Oh well, a wise man once said, "yesterday was the easy day" Happy new year!

Mr Versatile

I have a T770, now with 600+ hours on it. The fuel use is what it is. I can wring it's neck to get almost 10 hours from a tank. It took me a while to figure out that when the fuel light comes on you still have a quarter of a tank left. Thirsty thirsty beast. I'll never use the heater, but the aircon is brilliant, until it freezes up. I've had days where I couldn't tell that it was 47 degrees C outside until I stopped for lunch. I don't know what your floor mat is, but there are little trap doors under the pedals which you can click out for cleaning. They open up a hole to the underside of the cab floor. Drop the plates at the front (9/16th bolts) to clean out dirt and candy wrappers.

I have a T770, now with 600+ hours on it. The fuel use is what it is. I can wring it's neck to get almost 10 hours from a tank. It took me a while to figure out that when the fuel light comes on you still have a quarter of a tank left. Thirsty thirsty beast. I'll never use the heater, but the aircon is brilliant, until it freezes up. I've had days where I couldn't tell that it was 47 degrees C outside until I stopped for lunch. I don't know what your floor mat is, but there are little trap doors under the pedals which you can click out for cleaning. They open up a hole to the underside of the cab floor. Drop the plates at the front (9/16th bolts) to clean out dirt and candy wrappers.
Sounds like you like the machine. Any service issues yet? I just decided to move into the 770 from the 750 when I found out the cost isn't much and the extra hp is worth it. Now I'm trying to figure out if I should wait for the new bobcat t4 engine. I'm assuming you have the it4 kabota or do you have the t3? Is there anything you don't like about the 770?

farmshop

Sounds like you like the machine. Any service issues yet? I just decided to move into the 770 from the 750 when I found out the cost isn't much and the extra hp is worth it. Now I'm trying to figure out if I should wait for the new bobcat t4 engine. I'm assuming you have the it4 kabota or do you have the t3? Is there anything you don't like about the 770?
our 590 has removable plastic pieces that popped out from under the pedals. it makes it a little better still not like the older machines. Ours is a open rops so it gathers all kinds of things

DBoehlein

our 590 has removable plastic pieces that popped out from under the pedals. it makes it a little better still not like the older machines. Ours is a open rops so it gathers all kinds of things
I just bought a used 2012 T750. Ran great for a very little while, then quit running. Fuel pick up line was clogged. Does anyone know how to access the pick up tube? It is located between the engine and hydro-static drive. Can not access it by lifting the cab. Thanks for any and all information. Don

Tazza

Staff member
I just bought a used 2012 T750. Ran great for a very little while, then quit running. Fuel pick up line was clogged. Does anyone know how to access the pick up tube? It is located between the engine and hydro-static drive. Can not access it by lifting the cab. Thanks for any and all information. Don
You should be able to access it from under the cab, you just need to feel around to find it. Being able to access it and easy access are different, it's not fun to get to, but can be done.

Latest posts