T250 ACS controller

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Is it anyway I can check the controller besides taking to dealer? ACS T250 I've been fighting a actuator code, I've swapped actuators from one to other, code would follow showing me bad actuator. It was too late to order so I decided to open bad actuator up. Anyway mounted it up and had back off and got it showing neutral and no codes. Cranked and worked everything, worked good. Put everything back together and it shows 32-34 again. I figured I was just lucky. My problem now is I went and double checking again and now it want code anything but the 32-34 code. If I have both actuators unplugged it just codes 32-34. It should throw 32-39 first, suppose to check lift actuator and handle before tilt. Doesn't matter if both or 1 or either way the harness is hooked up just throws 32-34. Makes me think controller. I've unhooked battery, checked all my spools and everything that I've found on sites to check. Anybody got any ideas I'd really appreciate. Thanks

Tazza

Staff member
Controller fixed it
Glad it's fixed, shame it was the controller though.
I'd love to get my paws on a brain box and see if they can be repaired or not. Some of the issues i hear about seem minor, like a bad input or outpul that could be a bad connection to the PCB or bad relay or mosfet for switching say the aux hydraulics.
I have opened an old school BICS controller before, i got it apart and back together and it still worked :) but that technology is about 25 years old, it's come a little further since.

OP
OP

Glad it's fixed, shame it was the controller though.
I'd love to get my paws on a brain box and see if they can be repaired or not. Some of the issues i hear about seem minor, like a bad input or outpul that could be a bad connection to the PCB or bad relay or mosfet for switching say the aux hydraulics.
I have opened an old school BICS controller before, i got it apart and back together and it still worked :) but that technology is about 25 years old, it's come a little further since.
I bought an actuator and controller from a salvage yard. I had taken the end off the actuator and got it going for little while but couldn't do it again, so I replaced it first & no change. Throwing same code. So I put the controller on and fixed it. Did the book calibration and I'm going to run it.

Tazza

Staff member
I bought an actuator and controller from a salvage yard. I had taken the end off the actuator and got it going for little while but couldn't do it again, so I replaced it first & no change. Throwing same code. So I put the controller on and fixed it. Did the book calibration and I'm going to run it.
Glad the errors are gone.
For industrial equipment, it's a shame they went for what i thought were fairly delicate electronics. Servos like this i can't see being ideal for being bounced around.