t-180

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

cmb97

I am lookin at buyin a t 180 it is an 04 with 2100 hrs just wondering if you guys can tell me what to look for and what normally breaks down are track machines costly to maintain.I currently have a 94 7753 with 4500 hrs and she is starting to cost a bit to keep going.

Tazza

Staff member
Drive motors and tracks are the big $ parts. You really need to check the case drain filters and the bearing oil to get a good idea of the condition. Other members will give you better info, as there were upgraded drive motors fitted to some machines that had larger bearings so they wouldn't fail like the early models did. There was something to do with a measurement to tell the difference, i just can't remember what it was sorry.

bobcat_ron

Drive motors and tracks are the big $ parts. You really need to check the case drain filters and the bearing oil to get a good idea of the condition. Other members will give you better info, as there were upgraded drive motors fitted to some machines that had larger bearings so they wouldn't fail like the early models did. There was something to do with a measurement to tell the difference, i just can't remember what it was sorry.
Look for welding and cracks where the main pivot pins from the lower part of the quick attach meets the loader, as well as check the quick attach frame, ny T190 cracked the loader arms twice and the entire quick attach frame crack 3 times and it was bent.

thebobcatguy

Check the horsepower rating on it. I believe that the 04 T180 and T190 were rated at 56 hp net as compare to the 61 HP net of late 05 and above machines. The early models were really underpowered. Personally I would stay far away from the early models for that reason. Good Luck!!

Marc1

Check the horsepower rating on it. I believe that the 04 T180 and T190 were rated at 56 hp net as compare to the 61 HP net of late 05 and above machines. The early models were really underpowered. Personally I would stay far away from the early models for that reason. Good Luck!!
I had a T180 2006 I sold last week with 600 hours, and it was a great little machine. Look for 61HP models, the earlier one lacked a bit in power. However if I had to buy another I would go for the T190. You get the vertical lift and a higher lift as well. Don't buy anything over 1000 hours and you should be OK for a while. The guy I sold it to blew the fuel relay and solenoid the first day he had it. Back luck I suppose, I never had a problem.