Stopped moving

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

jdbobe

I have a 2012 s250. Driving across the yard not working it and it suddenly stopped dead and no hydraulics. I can shut the engine down and restart it and it will work for about a minute then shuts down again. My first thoughts were the sensor for the safety bar but I put a jumper wire in and didn't help. The light for the safety bar comes on when I put it down . When it shuts down the lights on the left panel are all flashing. Can anyone tell me what I'm dealing with?

cjcocn

I can't recall what exactly happened when mine shut down (symptoms), but my issue turned out to be a failed drive belt.

OP
OP
J

jdbobe

I do believe my drive belt may have been slipping but I don't know why, it was a new belt in January.
The tightener bushings are worn quite a bit but otherwise everything seems to turn okay.

RedNeckMike

I put new belts on this spring and lost my hydrualics yesterday after working it for 4 hours on a steep slope.
My S150 shut down on me twice, it would restart no problem. After checking all fluid levels, ( which were fine ) I notice my belt was loose. After retightening it all was good back up and running. I remember reading some where to check belt tension about 10 hours after installing a new one. Which I did not. I hope yours is that simple.
Good Luck

OP
OP
J

jdbobe

I put new belts on this spring and lost my hydrualics yesterday after working it for 4 hours on a steep slope.
My S150 shut down on me twice, it would restart no problem. After checking all fluid levels, ( which were fine ) I notice my belt was loose. After retightening it all was good back up and running. I remember reading some where to check belt tension about 10 hours after installing a new one. Which I did not. I hope yours is that simple.
Good Luck
Clean and tighten your battery terminals and grounding points.
I have cleaned my battery cables checked the fuses cleaned it all with electronic cleaner and i changed the safety bar sensor and it seems to be worse. before all of this it would let me move a little ways before it would lock up. now it won't let me even move it just locks up. I believe it to be electrical but I am not sure what to check next. I am going to clean up my old sensor and reinstall that just to see if it makes any difference. you mentioned grounds I have not found any other than negative battery cables.

brdgbldr

Yes each model is different, so you may only have the grounds from the battery cable.

Looking at the parts schematic for an S250 it looks like you have two points where the negative is grounded. Make sure that both of these points are clean and tight. Also make sure there is no paint under them. Bobcat does not sand off the paint under these points before installing the ground bolts. So when the bolts corrode or come loose the ground goes bad.

You could have a short somewhere in the wire harness. No easy way to find it other than checking all the wires with a multimeter. Start with the wiring for the sensor that you think may be causing the issue.

Good luck, I absolutely hate electrical issues.

OP
OP
J

jdbobe

thank you for your response. yes i hate chasing electrical problems too especially in something like this that i know very little about.

OP
OP
J

jdbobe

Ok I had help from a good friend and he figured it out for me.The alternator was putting out 17 volts and the system would shut down when the alternator started charging. Changed the alternator and seams to be back to normal. Although I haven't had it out and used it yet.
Also I had changed the seat arm sensor and the new one did not work right when the arm was all the way down the light would go out so I put my old sensor back in and it seems to be alright.
I'm not sure if this information will help anyone else but I hope it does.