Stereo in skid?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

I was just wondering how many of you guys & gals use a stereo in your machine? Can I just run that right off of the battery or does it have to be in the wiring harness of the machine I understand bout the fuse block and would probably run a decent in line fuse. Any and all comments appreciated. Corey

Tazza

Staff member
If you tap into the big orange cables i believe this is constant 12V, others have done this. I even remember someone that had the headset style ones, it worked to cut down on noise and was a radio too. Just an option.

hilljacknm

If you tap into the big orange cables i believe this is constant 12V, others have done this. I even remember someone that had the headset style ones, it worked to cut down on noise and was a radio too. Just an option.
I have an old Bobcat, so I picked up a set of ear muffs, with a built in AM/FM radio. It works pretty well, and is a simple option.

OP
OP
B
I have an old Bobcat, so I picked up a set of ear muffs, with a built in AM/FM radio. It works pretty well, and is a simple option.
well spent the day today on the phone with the local bobcat and got the stereo in and man is it nice its loud gets rid of the engine noise and helps relax. thanks for the help with the wires i tapped into the wrong one at first got it after a bit

ReRide

Our S650 Bobcat came with a radio. Sound quality is ok but not fantastic. If you used an mp3 with radio, ear buds with ear muff hearing protectors over your ears, you can turn the volume way down, and sound quality can be as good as the quality of the ear buds you get. That's my 2 cents worth.