2011 318d skid steer cranks over wont start

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

been having-long start issues since summer , now it wont start at all , i replaced the battery and starter and the glo plugs no change at a loss to what to try next , please any advise will help

foton

I would say you need to verify that your fuel system is fuctioning properly. check all your fuel filters and look at the air cleaner too.

OP
OP
B
I would say you need to verify that your fuel system is fuctioning properly. check all your fuel filters and look at the air cleaner too.
i changed all the filters and put on a new pump also put a new crankshaft sensor and a new starter and battery it lows black smoke when trying to fire but wont start also i put new glow plugs in it

foton

Black smoke is to much fuel or not enough air, take a look at the turbo ,make sure the fan spins really smoothly.

foton

ok when you wrote new pump I assumed that you meant injector pump ,I guess you meant fuel pump,so no timing issues then.

OP
OP
B
it was the fuel return pump, but we took the cover off the manifold to check the glow plug and on the left of the engine on the air intake side there is creasolt build up from smoke coming out of the ari intake so we tried starting with the valve cover off and there is smoke coming out the air intake side , i dont know if that is normal

Latest posts