What's the difference in blades...

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

jhmeg2

What's the difference between a dozer blade and a snow blade? I have a simple job I need to move a little dirt, if I can keep the blade from tipping forward, will it do what I need or am I way off?

brdgbldr

What's the difference between a dozer blade and a snow blade? I have a simple job I need to move a little dirt, if I can keep the blade from tipping forward, will it do what I need or am I way off?
Snow blade are normally lighter weight and "trip" when they meet high resistance. Some snow blades are not made of steel. Also, snow plows have "feet" that allow you to set the edge above the surface so the blade does not get worn or dig into the surface under the snow. "feet" are normally adjustable and removable.

You can use a heavy duty snow blade to push dirt but if you need to scrape compacted dirt it may not work. It would depend on how heavy the "trip" springs are.

In other words, it all depends on how heavy duty the snow blade is.

I actually own a combination blade that has 1" pin to switch from snow to dozer.

Coke-in-MN

Most snow blades are setup to float to follow contour of area where snow is , dirt blades are not and are controlled by downpressure of machine . For moving material a grading planer on a skid loader works best for leveling .or a bucket and backdraging after spreading material .
1696455667985.png
Makes leveling dirt and rock for driveways and yards a snap.
Heavy duty design.
Very easy to use.
No moving parts means NO maintenance.

64" $1675
72" $1775
84" $1975