SR250 popping noise and now big leak

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Cvance

My sr250 made a loud noise while twisting the machine with a load. It then displayed a warning light and will not disengage the park brake. A lot of fluid came out from under the machine. I feel like it has something to do with the drive system but I am not sure. I wonder what it could be and also how I can lift the arms without the hydraulic system to hinge the cab open to access the pumps and drives?

bobkat843

Hopefully you just blew a line?The only way to raise the arms would be to remove lines on cylinders and jack it up! Most skids you can lift cab with boom down.

OP
OP
C

Cvance

Hopefully you just blew a line?The only way to raise the arms would be to remove lines on cylinders and jack it up! Most skids you can lift cab with boom down.
Thanks bobkat, fortunately it was just a hose but a drive hose and I had to get case service to crane the arms because the cab does roll forward. It was expensive but a good education by the tech as to what maintenance prevents the problems he sees most often with this machine. The pop was the parking brake engaging when the sensor detected no pressure in the hydraulic system

bobkat843

Thanks bobkat, fortunately it was just a hose but a drive hose and I had to get case service to crane the arms because the cab does roll forward. It was expensive but a good education by the tech as to what maintenance prevents the problems he sees most often with this machine. The pop was the parking brake engaging when the sensor detected no pressure in the hydraulic system
Thats a good thing that the sensor detected a problem and locked the machine as it would be into the thousands for repairs if it hadn't .New fluid and filters It should be a good machine for quite a while know.