Something to pull saplings

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

WayneShaw

Our property was timbered quite a few years ago. And as usual, there are saplings growing everywhere in the woods. I would like to clear these out to make the woods open and even the where I might get some grass growing for some livestock and be able to mow and keep things clear. I can go along and grub each and every one with my 753, but that's a pain to dig a hole for a 2" and smaller sapling. And I rather not use a brush hog cause of what is left behind. So I was thinking about making a "clamp" type thing to bolt onto the bucket, a simple one cylinder hydraulic clamp that I could grab each sapling and pull it out. When you get to bigger growth, you can push them over in a conventional way, but those small aggravating saplings are a pain. Whatcha think?

Tazza

Staff member
A clamp could work. I was thinking something like a 4 in 1 bucket, but when i try and use it that way, i tend to cut through the tree more than grab it.

k45

A clamp could work. I was thinking something like a 4 in 1 bucket, but when i try and use it that way, i tend to cut through the tree more than grab it.
Take a look at the Ratchet Rake http://www.ratchetrake.com/ They have a video show how they clear small growth. The guys that have them on tractorbynet really speak well about them. Ken