slow moveing boom and bucket

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

pork

hi. i have a prime mover l1300 the lift cylinder started to leak. so i bought a rebuild kit and instaled it . everything went well .today i put it back in the machine and now whene i try to use the bucket or the boom it moves slow . should i bleed the cylinder. im thinking it has air stuck in it . before i did this everythin worked good i took the lines back off the cylinder and it looks like they our pumping good . but what i dont understand is it has both line going into the pump at the same spot and a metal tube running from the front of the ram to the back. not sure how the air would get out . thanks for your help

Tazza

Staff member
Just keep running it, cycle the arms a few times, shut down, come back the next day or a few hours later do the same. It will take time, but it will eventually self purge. My 743 took weeks of doing this to totally get rid of all the air, this was after the system was totally empty, pumps, motors tube lines! give it a bit of time to work through.
The oil will get foamy, so you need to wait for it to settle so it draws in fresh un-airated oil.

OP
OP
P

pork

Just keep running it, cycle the arms a few times, shut down, come back the next day or a few hours later do the same. It will take time, but it will eventually self purge. My 743 took weeks of doing this to totally get rid of all the air, this was after the system was totally empty, pumps, motors tube lines! give it a bit of time to work through.
The oil will get foamy, so you need to wait for it to settle so it draws in fresh un-airated oil.
hi thanks for the info. i did run this thing up and down about 5 times. it didnt change anything. it takes me over 3 minutes to raise the boom and the bucket isnt much faster. if i had air in that one cylinder why would the other s be slow could it be a cloget line or filter is there a trap to catch dirt in the system other then the filter. im new to working on something like this . this is my first loader . thanks for the help

Tazza

Staff member
hi thanks for the info. i did run this thing up and down about 5 times. it didnt change anything. it takes me over 3 minutes to raise the boom and the bucket isnt much faster. if i had air in that one cylinder why would the other s be slow could it be a cloget line or filter is there a trap to catch dirt in the system other then the filter. im new to working on something like this . this is my first loader . thanks for the help
Could you have engaged the aux hydraulics by acciedent?
There is no way it should take that long to raise the boom. Airated oil won't cause it to be sthat slow, it will jitter, but not be slow like that/

OP
OP
P

pork

Could you have engaged the aux hydraulics by acciedent?
There is no way it should take that long to raise the boom. Airated oil won't cause it to be sthat slow, it will jitter, but not be slow like that/
hi .it has a spot for the aux hydraulics but it dont have them ..i can see the pump working but maybe its low on pressure or the filter or some type on screen clogged up. thanks

Tazza

Staff member
hi .it has a spot for the aux hydraulics but it dont have them ..i can see the pump working but maybe its low on pressure or the filter or some type on screen clogged up. thanks
Does the pump make weird noises? and get hot quickly?
Is the lifting jittery or just plain slow and smooth?

OP
OP
P

pork

Does the pump make weird noises? and get hot quickly?
Is the lifting jittery or just plain slow and smooth?
well its just slow and i mean slow like it is clogged. but when i took the hose off and ran it it shot fluid out . the pump dont make noise it sounds like it always did . the thing will move around as fast as ever. is everything ran off the same pump . it dont get hot to fast but i did notice it got hot after messing with it . i touched the cylinder to the boom and it was warm. also if i raise the boom to the top witch takes like 3 minutes and then let it down as fast as it will go it pushes fluit out the vent for the fluid resivor . thanks for all your help sooner or later we will figure this out

Tazza

Staff member
well its just slow and i mean slow like it is clogged. but when i took the hose off and ran it it shot fluid out . the pump dont make noise it sounds like it always did . the thing will move around as fast as ever. is everything ran off the same pump . it dont get hot to fast but i did notice it got hot after messing with it . i touched the cylinder to the boom and it was warm. also if i raise the boom to the top witch takes like 3 minutes and then let it down as fast as it will go it pushes fluit out the vent for the fluid resivor . thanks for all your help sooner or later we will figure this out
The ram shouldn't get hot from one lift. It should take a little while to warm up.
There is something there causing a restriction.... Be it from the output of the pump or the inlet side. The hydraulic pump only works the lift/tilt and charge pressure if its hydrostatic drive.
I don't know this machine, so i can't give you specific details, sorry.