Single pin versus dual pin Quick tach

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Odyknuck

I have been debating converting my single pin to dual pin standard on my Mustang 940. One reason is the pin setup on mine is broken and there is no longer a handle, just a pin that you insert a clip in the bottom to keep it from falling out. Anyways the conversion would be expensive to do. The dual pin replacement setup is 700 plus shipping. Then my 2 buckets and snow plow would need the plates converted at around 150 each plus labor etc. I would think in my case as it is for home use is to just buy the single pin conversion plate for any additional attachement I would buy. Right now all I am looking at is a set of forks and maybe a backhoe. Curious what others have done.

Tazza

Staff member
Changing it to the standard setup is nice if you ever need to borrow/rent an attachment, but for home use, is it really worth the cost of a conversion? If you are happy with what you have now, i say leave it alone.
It all depends on how much a dual pin standard setup is worth to you. If you had the gear, welding new locking pin brackets isn't a hard job. Still, you need the steel to do it too.

OP
OP
O

Odyknuck

Changing it to the standard setup is nice if you ever need to borrow/rent an attachment, but for home use, is it really worth the cost of a conversion? If you are happy with what you have now, i say leave it alone.
It all depends on how much a dual pin standard setup is worth to you. If you had the gear, welding new locking pin brackets isn't a hard job. Still, you need the steel to do it too.
I can buy a complete single pin locking kit for around 200 bucks. I don't like that I have get undernieth the bucket to pull the cottor pin out of the bottom of the latch pin to pull it out. This is the way it was when i bought the machine. I have the tools (Mig, Plasma cutter, mill,lathe etc) to do a conversion etc. I can buy steel at a buck a pound locally so thats not an issue. Like you said is it worth it for home use. They also offer a single pin to dual pin attachement so you can use todays standard offerings. They run around 800.00. Decisions, decisions lol.

Tazza

Staff member
I can buy a complete single pin locking kit for around 200 bucks. I don't like that I have get undernieth the bucket to pull the cottor pin out of the bottom of the latch pin to pull it out. This is the way it was when i bought the machine. I have the tools (Mig, Plasma cutter, mill,lathe etc) to do a conversion etc. I can buy steel at a buck a pound locally so thats not an issue. Like you said is it worth it for home use. They also offer a single pin to dual pin attachement so you can use todays standard offerings. They run around 800.00. Decisions, decisions lol.
I know what you mean, i wouldn't like to have to climb under the bucket to remove the pin either. Its very handy being able to use just about any attachment with the 2 pin setup. As you have the gear to convert all the attachments you have, thats a big plus.

OP
OP
O

Odyknuck

I know what you mean, i wouldn't like to have to climb under the bucket to remove the pin either. Its very handy being able to use just about any attachment with the 2 pin setup. As you have the gear to convert all the attachments you have, thats a big plus.
Well dealing pulling the cotter pin out did not last long as the dirt did it for me and the holding pin came out and of cource the busket came off DUH!. What a really studid ideal. Now a short piece of 2 x 4 is wedged on top of the pin to keep it from falling out. I will say it works a whole lot better than the cottor pin. definatly need to change this around.

Tazza

Staff member
Well dealing pulling the cotter pin out did not last long as the dirt did it for me and the holding pin came out and of cource the busket came off DUH!. What a really studid ideal. Now a short piece of 2 x 4 is wedged on top of the pin to keep it from falling out. I will say it works a whole lot better than the cottor pin. definatly need to change this around.
Its a bit of a poor design, it doesn't take much of a knock to break or dislodge a cotter pin.

Latest posts