Toro dingo hydraulic quick disconnect leaking

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Impact-vector

I fully understand this isn't a forum for mini units but the hydraulics should all be similar. I have a male fitting that's supposed to be sealed when disconnected. Thus far it's continued to leak. First question, is anyone familiar with these? Are they rebuildable? Can I just change a seal? Second, if I don't currently use the attachment-any reason not to block it off or swap it to another type? I have yet to find a place in Atlanta that even sells parts for these things.. I was thinking northern tool. Ay helps appreciated!

SkidRoe

Hi Impact-vector, no worries about the mini - I recently saw somebody with a Dingo out boring holes in clay with a 30" auger; needless to say I have a whole new respect for these machines. Is your QD of the flat-face variety? If it is, you should be able to fix it. They thread apart, and once apart, you will be able to service the o-ring, which is likely the culprit. Watch for the spring when you thread it apart. If you have the agricultural variety, the male halves are so cheap, that I would just replace it.

OP
OP
I

Impact-vector

Hi Impact-vector, no worries about the mini - I recently saw somebody with a Dingo out boring holes in clay with a 30" auger; needless to say I have a whole new respect for these machines. Is your QD of the flat-face variety? If it is, you should be able to fix it. They thread apart, and once apart, you will be able to service the o-ring, which is likely the culprit. Watch for the spring when you thread it apart. If you have the agricultural variety, the male halves are so cheap, that I would just replace it.
Skid, Thanks! I dont use the accessories port yet so I took the piece off and went to northern tool. I grabbed the first piece I could find that would fit.it was a male and female dry break. It would "cap" the line for now. While driving home I started playing with it and it was the same as the old! A nice surprise ;) I tried to pull the old one apart but there is a circular clip (not a circlip) that I couldn't remove.. I may get some picks and give it a shot but for now all is good! I definitely appreciate the help!! -J

Latest posts