Seafoam......

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Cam2

Have you guys heard of this, if so, I'm curious as to your results. http://www.seafoamsales.com/about.htm

sar4937

My auto parts supplier has been pushing us to sell this for years. They promote that it can either be run in the fuel, or added to the engine oil. When I last checked the ingredience the first listed was mineral spirits. Now we use mineral spirits for our parts washers and all my training has told me that solvent damages o-rings and swells seals. I do not have a lot of experience with diesel fuel systems, and I'm sure there probably some recommended additives. I hesitate adding anything into my S185, and have had good coldstarting on just fresh dyed off-road diesel.

mrv8outboard

My auto parts supplier has been pushing us to sell this for years. They promote that it can either be run in the fuel, or added to the engine oil. When I last checked the ingredience the first listed was mineral spirits. Now we use mineral spirits for our parts washers and all my training has told me that solvent damages o-rings and swells seals. I do not have a lot of experience with diesel fuel systems, and I'm sure there probably some recommended additives. I hesitate adding anything into my S185, and have had good coldstarting on just fresh dyed off-road diesel.
i use it when ever i replace a fuel filter. i use it to fill the filter for the prime.

perry

i use it when ever i replace a fuel filter. i use it to fill the filter for the prime.
This is just another oil based product, no magic!. I would however recommend MoS2, been using it for years and it's not oil based. Most bearing supply houses have it, made by DOW Chemical.

bahmi

Considered the best additive for 2 cycle engines. Used by lots of engine afficionados, I'd not mystify it and give it a bad name. I have first hand experience with it and I consider it worthwhile. While some people are down on all additives, I'm not. I've run it in my 753 all winter and despite very cold temperatures, the Bobcat has always started well and run well. If Seaform is bad, so is Power Service.

sp6x6

Considered the best additive for 2 cycle engines. Used by lots of engine afficionados, I'd not mystify it and give it a bad name. I have first hand experience with it and I consider it worthwhile. While some people are down on all additives, I'm not. I've run it in my 753 all winter and despite very cold temperatures, the Bobcat has always started well and run well. If Seaform is bad, so is Power Service.
I just picked up a 2002 Rokon, 4 hrs use sitting in garage, had hard time starting to test for sale. Got it home, dumped gas, it was orange like a pumpkin from sitting, changed oil w/ seafoam, new fuel lines and filter, new gas w/ sea foam. Ran bike after about 10 minutes runs like a charm, smooth idle, the stuff works.

Land-Tech

I just picked up a 2002 Rokon, 4 hrs use sitting in garage, had hard time starting to test for sale. Got it home, dumped gas, it was orange like a pumpkin from sitting, changed oil w/ seafoam, new fuel lines and filter, new gas w/ sea foam. Ran bike after about 10 minutes runs like a charm, smooth idle, the stuff works.
Power service is common here but I tried the Seafoam on a older 7.3 and it seemed to clean the injectors really well. It was starting to miss and ran fine after about a half a tank.Scott

tndigger

Power service is common here but I tried the Seafoam on a older 7.3 and it seemed to clean the injectors really well. It was starting to miss and ran fine after about a half a tank.Scott
Seafoam does have fuel stabilizer in it also. I use it my boat, seadoo and lawn equipment gas tanks especially before seasonal storage. It's been highly recommended by many small engine repair shops.

perry

Seafoam does have fuel stabilizer in it also. I use it my boat, seadoo and lawn equipment gas tanks especially before seasonal storage. It's been highly recommended by many small engine repair shops.
It contains Naphtha and pale oil, I'm guessing it's mostly the Naphtha which is a paint thinner?.

skidsteer.ca

It contains Naphtha and pale oil, I'm guessing it's mostly the Naphtha which is a paint thinner?.
Seafoam is more for gum and varnish problems with gasoline engine carbs and injectors. I mainly use Texas Refineries fuel conditioner for out diesels, but just for the injection pump lubrication.
A diesel that in in good shape with clean fuel only needs a block heater, the correct weight of engine oil and a decent battery to start in cold weather imo.
Ken

sledesigns

Seafoam is more for gum and varnish problems with gasoline engine carbs and injectors. I mainly use Texas Refineries fuel conditioner for out diesels, but just for the injection pump lubrication.
A diesel that in in good shape with clean fuel only needs a block heater, the correct weight of engine oil and a decent battery to start in cold weather imo.
Ken
Seafoam was just recommended by a good friend and long time #1 mechanic for de-gumming the needle & seat on my grandpas antique gas tractor. If it was snake oil he'd know.

perry

Seafoam was just recommended by a good friend and long time #1 mechanic for de-gumming the needle & seat on my grandpas antique gas tractor. If it was snake oil he'd know.
Store shelf additives that contains petroleum (all do) is just that....petroleum!. If you know the ingredients, you can mix it up yourself and save some bucks, if you believe it really works.
IMO, MoS2 (molybdenum disulfide) is the best lubricating product available for 'really' helping any metal to metal contact. Although a new product is available, and I know little about it, made from tunsten, and it's suppose to be better than MoS2?.

Muddin_Mavric

Store shelf additives that contains petroleum (all do) is just that....petroleum!. If you know the ingredients, you can mix it up yourself and save some bucks, if you believe it really works.
IMO, MoS2 (molybdenum disulfide) is the best lubricating product available for 'really' helping any metal to metal contact. Although a new product is available, and I know little about it, made from tunsten, and it's suppose to be better than MoS2?.
i have never used seafoam in a diesel. but i use it all the time in gas engines. mainly when i forget to put any kind of fuel stabilizer in befor long term storage. it seems to work really well for any carb that has gum/varnish built up in it and wont run for crap.

Latest posts