S650 dealer foulup?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

neilinsd

Local BC dealer performed a warranty repair on a lift cylinder seal. In the process they turned the ram around 180 degrees, so the grease zerk is hidden from view. Offhand I don't see a simple do-over to this mistake just by pulling the pin etc., is there?

flyerdan

Looking at the service diagram, I'm assuming that the end of the cylinder rod which has the zerk in it is facing down rather than up?
That should be able to be remedied by raising and blocking the boom, pulling the pin and lowering the rod end enough to get a bar in and turn it 180 degrees so the zerk is facing up, then put it back together.
If it's pocketed in so it won't drop down, it should be able to be retracted by slowly and carefully lowering the boom control, which would retract the unattached cylinder only, as they are in parallel. Then carefully ease it back into position once it's rotated.
Of course since it was a dealer cock up, they should make it right, it just depends on how much hassle it is to load and transport (and distance) for a 15-20 minute project.

OP
OP
N

neilinsd

Looking at the service diagram, I'm assuming that the end of the cylinder rod which has the zerk in it is facing down rather than up?
That should be able to be remedied by raising and blocking the boom, pulling the pin and lowering the rod end enough to get a bar in and turn it 180 degrees so the zerk is facing up, then put it back together.
If it's pocketed in so it won't drop down, it should be able to be retracted by slowly and carefully lowering the boom control, which would retract the unattached cylinder only, as they are in parallel. Then carefully ease it back into position once it's rotated.
Of course since it was a dealer cock up, they should make it right, it just depends on how much hassle it is to load and transport (and distance) for a 15-20 minute project.
Thank you for your help. Hopefully I can follow directions.

farmshop

Thank you for your help. Hopefully I can follow directions.
If you lock the boom up on the other side you might not even need to lower the rod it may swing out of the way enough. A couple 9/16 wrenches and a hammer will have you rolling