s300 surging in 2nd gear/speed

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

rich414

I have a 2008 s300 bobcat 1600hrs on the unit ,high flow, gold package, turbo'd , 2 speed. When in 2nd speed going up a slight grade 1-2% with VTS tracks on or a steeper grade with tires on the machine surges, kind of like lunges. The hand throttle pinned at 2450 rpms, you can give it 100% joystick forward or 20% joystick forward and the units drive system surges. If the hand throttle is at 2200rpm or less, and you give it 100% joystick forward the problem doesn't exist. This happens when the outside temp is -10 degrees to 110degrees. With snow approaching I have got to get this resolved. I have changed the hydraulic cone filters, located above the rear chain case inspection plate and rear left side inspection cover. NO luck. Changed fuel filter No luck Next is change the fuel pump but that is $150 Is this problem with the motor, fuel system or hydraulic system? Anyone out there have a solution or thing to try replace???

mrdeere1959

I take it you have an SJC machine sense you said joystick. Have you had the software updated and the drive recalibrated? If not that would be a good place to start. The new software gives better drivibilty and I believe eliminates the need for wheel speed sensors. It just uses squash plate angle for calibration.