Bobcat 743 ring gear and starter

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

pickr85

Has anyone found a supplier besides Bobcat for the ring gear for these older machines? I know where to get a starter. Like fridayparts or filterspro but can't find ring gear besides Bobcat and all skidsteers which are close to the same price.

foton

have you tryed to source the ring gear from kubota? I assume they still have 1702 parts. And maybe cheaper than bobcat.

oiu789

Check with a clutch/flywheel resurface shop ,local or online search they may be able to hook you up. Spec out your old one and search starter ring gears. You could try a engine re-builder shop also. You should be able to replace just the ring gear not the whole flywheel. I Google searched Kubota starter ring gears and found
About 2,280,000 results (0.45 seconds) matches many on ebay and amazon prices $140.00 and less. Some engines like to stop in the same place and you will end up with a bad spot on the ring gear. You could take it off the flywheel and reclock it say 120 degrees. Some more work to remove the eng if this does not work but less parts costs. I do not think you could test it with the eng out of the machine since the pump would not be hooked up and the eng would probably not stop in the same place if it was hooked up. But you could try it. What eng is in the machine? I quest it is a Kubota but sure on the model and size.

Last edited:

flat sk

I've been looking unsuccessfully for the last month to find anything less than $725 Canadian plus taxes. Any lead on an alternative would be appreciated.

flat sk

sorry. Saw the 40 series and was hopeful before fully reading. Hahaha. Mine is a gas pot. 642B. The Mitsubishi 4G32

wateka

If the above suggestions don't have any reasonable solutions in terms of either cost or availability, then along the same path that @oiu789 already mentioned is to Google whether the same family of Kubota engines was used in a fork lift/reefer/gen set/etc. if so, count the number of teeth, and measure the ID, OD, and width. This was the path I had to take with the Isuzu in my 853. That family of Isuzu was also used in a Hyster forklift and the forklift world had the ring gear I needed.

More details below:
https://www.skidsteerforum.com/threads/help-flywheel-ring-gear-is-width-important.118786/

I ended up with a full size ring rear delivered for $154 from
The Berns Company
562-437-0471
[email protected]

One option I ended up with, correct ID and OD, albeit narrower, was $54 delivered, from:
Intella Parts Company, LLC
196 120th Avenue
Holland, MI 49424-7285
616-796-6638

Latest posts