S205 all warning lights stay on during operation

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

goldfields

Hi all,

I'm thinking of buying an S205 from a friend who is the second owner. When he bought it, he hot pressure washed the engine compartment and ever since then all the warning lights stay on during operation when first starting it. After warming up, sometimes they turn off after starting. Sooner or later, one of those warning lights could mean something serious is going on, so I'd like to get it resolved.

I'm guessing to start at the fuse box, but thought I'd ask those more experienced if maybe there was something in the engine bay to have a look at as well. I'd like to eliminate any simple fixes before paying for a tilt tray to get it to a mechanic and he says there was just a loose thingy-ma-bob.

Thanks for any advise,
Cheers!

brdgbldr

My first guess would be a short in the wire harness. When the machine warms up the wire expands and makes a good connection. You should try to make sure all of the connection points are tight first. This will not be an easy task. Look up the electrical exploded view for that machine by serial number on bobcatpartsonline.com and that should give you an idea of where the connections are. Since all of the lights come on I would start at the controller and work my way back.

OP
OP
G

goldfields

My first guess would be a short in the wire harness. When the machine warms up the wire expands and makes a good connection. You should try to make sure all of the connection points are tight first. This will not be an easy task. Look up the electrical exploded view for that machine by serial number on bobcatpartsonline.com and that should give you an idea of where the connections are. Since all of the lights come on I would start at the controller and work my way back.
Thanks for the reply and the source for the electrical wiring diagram.

Cheers