S185 V2607 engine EGR

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Des

Has anybody had problems with the EGR system.I found water in the engine oil & exhaust gases in the radiator.removed the cylinder head & had it crack tested,no cracks found.Now I'm thinking the problem is in the egr system.

Tazza

Staff member
Head gasket maybe? There is no other link between exhaust and the cooling system that i can think of.....

OP
OP
D

Des

Head gasket maybe? There is no other link between exhaust and the cooling system that i can think of.....
Good to hear from you Tazza,the head gasket looks ok.The radiator water flows through the heat exchanger & the EGR valve so the link is there,so I was thinking some one has already had problems, I have pressure tested both but no leaks, so any help would be good

Tazza

Staff member
Good to hear from you Tazza,the head gasket looks ok.The radiator water flows through the heat exchanger & the EGR valve so the link is there,so I was thinking some one has already had problems, I have pressure tested both but no leaks, so any help would be good
Ah, got ya. Didn't know they had a setup like that. I guess its the only other option isn't it?

WebbCo

Ah, got ya. Didn't know they had a setup like that. I guess its the only other option isn't it?
Dont want to hi jack this thread but here at Engine Rebuilders we are seeing other issues with the V2607 that could ultimately distroy the engine. We have found oil pick up tubes falling off the engine and dropping to the pan. The mounting bracket breaks off and the tube itself and the tube falls. When we get a rebuildable core in, we are correcting the issue with a much better bracket. It may be worth while to pull that engine and look at the pick up tube. Problem is, we see so few rebuildables when they come in...it usually turns them into a pile of scrap.

Tazza

Staff member
Dont want to hi jack this thread but here at Engine Rebuilders we are seeing other issues with the V2607 that could ultimately distroy the engine. We have found oil pick up tubes falling off the engine and dropping to the pan. The mounting bracket breaks off and the tube itself and the tube falls. When we get a rebuildable core in, we are correcting the issue with a much better bracket. It may be worth while to pull that engine and look at the pick up tube. Problem is, we see so few rebuildables when they come in...it usually turns them into a pile of scrap.
Good to see you lurking around these parts Mark.
I wonder if things like that could be a warranty issue for Kubota?

OP
OP
D

Des

Thanks for the input ,handy to know. If it was my machine I would pull it and fix this problem but the customer is only paying me to fix the overheating problem. He has ask me to remove the egr because it will cost $2500 to replace, what do you think about removing the egr, Im thinking this is not a good thing,but back to the overheating problem, had the head crack tested it was ok, skimmed the head, so I'm going to install and run up with out the egr to see if it is still overheating if not then it has to be the egr causing the problem.Any thoughts ?

Tazza

Staff member
Thanks for the input ,handy to know. If it was my machine I would pull it and fix this problem but the customer is only paying me to fix the overheating problem. He has ask me to remove the egr because it will cost $2500 to replace, what do you think about removing the egr, Im thinking this is not a good thing,but back to the overheating problem, had the head crack tested it was ok, skimmed the head, so I'm going to install and run up with out the egr to see if it is still overheating if not then it has to be the egr causing the problem.Any thoughts ?
I don't know how we go with emissions over here. I know the USA is pretty tight on them, so if they were to be caught with removing gear like that, they get fined. For us, i have no idea, but its your customer's money.
I never would have thought the EGR valve could casue issues like that, but using exhaust gas its possible as its already hot. For over heating, the usual suspects come to mind, slow moving fan, blocked radiator fins or internal restrictions or water pump.
The theory behind the EGR valve is to cool the combustion temperatures. Not sure how, but its what they say.
Surely a new EGR isn't 2,500 beans?

mrdeere1959

I don't know how we go with emissions over here. I know the USA is pretty tight on them, so if they were to be caught with removing gear like that, they get fined. For us, i have no idea, but its your customer's money.
I never would have thought the EGR valve could casue issues like that, but using exhaust gas its possible as its already hot. For over heating, the usual suspects come to mind, slow moving fan, blocked radiator fins or internal restrictions or water pump.
The theory behind the EGR valve is to cool the combustion temperatures. Not sure how, but its what they say.
$513.09 in my book. how many you need? lol

OP
OP
D

Des

$513.09 in my book. how many you need? lol
The local Perth dealer is charging $1192.45 for the exchanger (70007360),$1045.24 for the Oil cooler exchanger(7000716) & $847.25 for the EGR valve (7000770) If you can do better then that let me know,I hate been ripped off by the local dealers, At these prices I can't make any $ on the parts.

OP
OP
D

Des

Tazza the overheating started with a blocked radiator,but when I found that I also found the water in the engine oil & exhaust gases in the radiator.The blocked radiator is simple to fix but I have not found out where the water & gas has come from.I'm thinking its the EGR valve but I can't prove it yet.I posted the costs on the three parts of the EGR set up, all three have radiator water running through them.

Tazza

Staff member
Tazza the overheating started with a blocked radiator,but when I found that I also found the water in the engine oil & exhaust gases in the radiator.The blocked radiator is simple to fix but I have not found out where the water & gas has come from.I'm thinking its the EGR valve but I can't prove it yet.I posted the costs on the three parts of the EGR set up, all three have radiator water running through them.
Those prices are insane. We really do get reamed over here on parts. People say you should support your local industry, but how can we?
Rotating groups for a pump, i was quoted 2,600 per group, i bought them for 400 each. That was a retail shop in america, Bobcat would be buying them direct from the manufacturer, go figure.
With the exhaust gas in the radiator, it has to be the EGR.... I assume its such a small leak you can't use compressed air to see if there are any bubbles on the coolant side?

7LBSSMALLIE

Those prices are insane. We really do get reamed over here on parts. People say you should support your local industry, but how can we?
Rotating groups for a pump, i was quoted 2,600 per group, i bought them for 400 each. That was a retail shop in america, Bobcat would be buying them direct from the manufacturer, go figure.
With the exhaust gas in the radiator, it has to be the EGR.... I assume its such a small leak you can't use compressed air to see if there are any bubbles on the coolant side?
i have seen no egr failures,(yet) keep in mind that the tests for these, dont work.as to why no one can explain, but the listed specs cannot be obtained. tried; without saying to much this involved factory reps, a #### hot teacher tried to simulate listed specs in a lab enviroment. and could not obtain, a little input from kubota would be nice , its going to get intresting with the tier 5, due out soon., being as we cant line out 4:s let us know what you find

mrdeere1959

i have seen no egr failures,(yet) keep in mind that the tests for these, dont work.as to why no one can explain, but the listed specs cannot be obtained. tried; without saying to much this involved factory reps, a #### hot teacher tried to simulate listed specs in a lab enviroment. and could not obtain, a little input from kubota would be nice , its going to get intresting with the tier 5, due out soon., being as we cant line out 4:s let us know what you find
700736 $ 732.86 ,7000716 $ 549.63 , 7000770 $513.09 I don't know what frt would be but I think not as much as the difference.

WebbCo

700736 $ 732.86 ,7000716 $ 549.63 , 7000770 $513.09 I don't know what frt would be but I think not as much as the difference.
Funny thing is Taz, is that Bobcat is trully unaware of the issue, and when we told them of our findings, they kinda did not take it seriously. Its going to be a major issue. Its been topics of many factory conversations. And thanks, good to be back. 15 years of Bobcat parts never leaves ya!

Tazza

Staff member
Funny thing is Taz, is that Bobcat is trully unaware of the issue, and when we told them of our findings, they kinda did not take it seriously. Its going to be a major issue. Its been topics of many factory conversations. And thanks, good to be back. 15 years of Bobcat parts never leaves ya!
I guess they figure they know best, but time will change their mind.

7LBSSMALLIE

mark please keep upthe only one ive seen puke is hyd oil cooler hose blew and ran on till no more to run on. could make a comprehensive post of eng issues, without stepping on toes, kubota failures few and far but when they do come they have hard to pin point. and can you do factory warr diagonse can we pull and ship. and paperwork lands in youre lap.

Latest posts