s185 sunk in the water :(

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

jrworks

newer 07' s185 sunk and sat in 8feet deep water for over 24 hours, current temp here is -15. im not even going to dive into getting it running outside but i need to get it to the shop. how do i release the park brake so i can tow it? shops a 1km away. i cannot get the machine to power up for more than 20 seconds.... so it will clearly wouldnt happen electronically any help is greatly appreciated.

Fishfiles

towing a Bobcat ain't easy , to release the brake you can take the brake wedge out , but the machine will still be locked up hydraulicly , so then disconnect the hydraulic hoses going to the travel motors and the wheels will turn and make a mess with oil

Tazza

Staff member
towing a Bobcat ain't easy , to release the brake you can take the brake wedge out , but the machine will still be locked up hydraulicly , so then disconnect the hydraulic hoses going to the travel motors and the wheels will turn and make a mess with oil
As mentioned, even with the brake off, the wheels will be hydraucially locked. You just need brute force to drag it.
When you get it to the shop, change the filters and oil, you need to get all the water out.
Please tell me its not an SJC machine?

Rich M-37

As mentioned, even with the brake off, the wheels will be hydraucially locked. You just need brute force to drag it.
When you get it to the shop, change the filters and oil, you need to get all the water out.
Please tell me its not an SJC machine?
Tazza is right , Take the time to drain out the entire hydraulic system, remove lines blow them dry and flush the hydraulic system several times, do not for get to change the filter each time. You are looking at 200 or so dollars in materials just in flushing the system. It is cheap insurance. Drive motors and pumps are expensive, do a good job flushingthe system. Especially since it gets really cold where you live. Rich M-37

sandhills-elect

Tazza is right , Take the time to drain out the entire hydraulic system, remove lines blow them dry and flush the hydraulic system several times, do not for get to change the filter each time. You are looking at 200 or so dollars in materials just in flushing the system. It is cheap insurance. Drive motors and pumps are expensive, do a good job flushingthe system. Especially since it gets really cold where you live. Rich M-37
I don't know if you have snow if you do, i would put smothing under it and drag that, Like a piece of 3/4 plywood, maybe double it up and srew it together, or peice of sheet metal would work great if you have access, and drag it out, just an idea. Good luck Brent.