S185....Booms goes down very slowly

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Kermode

I have a 2008 S185 and over the last few days I have noticed problems with the boom being very erratic, hard to feather and now today, boom goes up but only comes down very slowly, sometimes only with a few tries. It does this with both the hand and foot controls. The Aux will operate attachments and switch on and off so I don`t think its stuck on. Occasionally, I would get three beeps and the ACS icon would light up and the boom and tilt function light would go out. Shutting the machine down and starting it again cured the problem until the next time. It hasn`t set any codes. Any thoughts.

OP
OP
K

Kermode

It turns out it was the linear actuator for the lift circuit. A little bit of laptop work by the mechanic and some contortions and 1 1/2 hours later I was mobile. Nothing to it, until I get the bill.

Tazza

Staff member
It turns out it was the linear actuator for the lift circuit. A little bit of laptop work by the mechanic and some contortions and 1 1/2 hours later I was mobile. Nothing to it, until I get the bill.
Glad its working, its a shame the hand controls cause so many issues...

7LBSSMALLIE

Glad its working, its a shame the hand controls cause so many issues...
dont me rain but expect the tilt acuator to fail as well , one is uasually not far behind the other.good news is the new acuators seem to have a much longer life, for those who want to replace themselves keep im mind they need calibrated or will fail quickly, this proucdre can be done manually. but much better done on software, also keep in mind that a if old software will not accept new actuator. one other thing is root cause of failure? a sticky spool will fail that little 12v electric motor fast wether its metal in bore or a bad bonnnet. or hyd lock from oil leaking past seals.(not allowing spool to netrual over working tiny elect motor)if hrs up there i would investagite at least reseal valve (lift and tilt) an check spools for freedom of movement.10 bucks in parts a little labor versus a 600 dollar tiny elect motor.

biggie

When U get a "Beep" This is where U look left. If U have a "lights/ Hold for codes button, or U have a "I" button. It's probabley a tilt acuateor issue, or a voltage issue where the controller just needs to be updated.