S175 noise

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

cajensen

I just went from a 773C with 4000 hours to a S175 with 100. The S175 has some whining noises now and then and reading some of the post they are normal. However I have one I am not certain about. Now and then when driving there is this load noise like a loose metal plate or fan vibrating. It just does it once. Could this be the oil cooler/ radiator. It sounds like it is coming from that area.

Tazza

Staff member
I was thinking possibly the cooling fan, they run a gear box and can let out a whine. If the oil level gets low the gears can wear and cause odd noises. It can be really hard to trace metal vibrating noises as you have to bea able to hear it over the engine noise.

skidboy

I was thinking possibly the cooling fan, they run a gear box and can let out a whine. If the oil level gets low the gears can wear and cause odd noises. It can be really hard to trace metal vibrating noises as you have to bea able to hear it over the engine noise.
Seeing that it has only done 100 hrs it is possible that your machine has a hydraulicly operated fan.The noise you may be hearing is the fan cutting in when the temp is rising ? my 2c worth !

Fishfiles

Seeing that it has only done 100 hrs it is possible that your machine has a hydraulicly operated fan.The noise you may be hearing is the fan cutting in when the temp is rising ? my 2c worth !
I 'd agree with Skid'der,newer 175 probally has a hydra. fan , pretty noisey sounds like a turbo kicking in , at 100 hours I think you should change the fan's hydraulic filter , check the manuel , changing the filter won't make it less noisey but it may prolong it's life

OP
OP
C

cajensen

Thanks, I will check. I had noticed that there were little air movement from the side vents compared to the 773.