S130 Left drive weak

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Gumby7

Hi guys, new member here. I have a S130 and the left drive seems weak. When I'm getting a bucket load the right side will start spinning but the left doesn't have any power. I switched drives from right to left and still have the same symptoms. Changed both inline hydro filters and main one, still the same. Its a 2004 S130 with 2000 hrs. Any ideas how to diagnose next? I can supply pics, thanks in advance

brdgbldr

It's weak, does the machine turn / spin in both directions properly? Is it weak in both directions.

If you have manual controls, check the linkages for loose or damaged parts. If you just engage the left drive does it turn the machine?

Since you swapped motors and the problem stayed on the same side, that leaves valve issues if electric controls. There are "Charge Check High Pressure Relief Valves" for each pump and each direction. If it is only weak in one direction, on one side, you can find the valve for that pump in that direction and look for dirt, worn O-rings and poppets, broken spring, or worn seat. Replace as required.

OP
OP
G

Gumby7

Thanks for you reply, the left (sitting in the machine) barely turns the machine. I think it has the same torque in reverse as in forward on the left drive. The right drive turns the machine easily. I don't think I have electric controls and the linkages seems to be ok. If I have manual controls do I have those "Charge Check High Pressure Relief Valves"?

brdgbldr

The valves are normally the same with manual or electric controls. The difference is with manual controls a linkage moves the valves and with electric a solenoid moves the valve.

OP
OP
G

Gumby7

I thought I'd upload some pics, in pic #4 is that where these valves might be??

Attachments

• 2004BobCat#1.jpg
    2004BobCat#1.jpg
    584.3 KB · Views: 53
  • 2004Bobcat#2.jpg
    2004Bobcat#2.jpg
    517.7 KB · Views: 66
  • 2004Bobcat#3.jpg
    2004Bobcat#3.jpg
    669.2 KB · Views: 62
  • 2004Bobcat#4.jpg
    2004Bobcat#4.jpg
    772.9 KB · Views: 66
  • 2004Bobcat#5.jpg
    2004Bobcat#5.jpg
    669.2 KB · Views: 58

brdgbldr

Photo number 4 is the control valve. The Charge Check High Pressure Relief Valves" are located in the pumps.

Since you say you are having trouble with the left side in both directions, make sure you "check the outlet and return oil lines from the effected hydrostatic drive motor to the pump package for leaks or restrictions". (That quote is directly out of Bobcat Hydraulics Manual troubleshooting guide).

Also, the manual I am using is a general manual that does cover several types of pumps but may not be specific to your machine. It is an older manual. For example, just looking at one of the parts manuals, there are two different pumps for manual controls on the S130. There is also a chance that you only have one check valve for each side that cover both directions. I would suggest taking a look at the parts manual for your specific machines serial number and looking at the hydrostatic system as a whole and then deciding if you want to dig into the pump or not.