743 left drive problem..šŸ˜­

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

rgulett63

Hi guys, new to the forum.. I've been battling with a bobcat 743 for so long, it's almost made me crazy..
The problem I'm having now is the left side drive, at idle and at mid RPM the wheels work fine, but as I increase the throttle to full throttle, the will stop moving and has no power, also I have nothing in reverse..
Any ideas as to what I'm supposed to look for, by the way I've switched the drive motors from side to side and they work the same

brdgbldr

I'm going to pick up a new main filter tomorrow.. are there more?
There is an in-line brass filter for the hydrostatic system. I have found it easier to replace the entire housing rather than try to clean the brass filter. Don't forget to get new o-rings for where the lines screw into the housing.

Here is a link to the parts catalog:

Enter your serial number and search "filter". It will be in the hydrostatic section.

OP
OP
R

rgulett63

There is an in-line brass filter for the hydrostatic system. I have found it easier to replace the entire housing rather than try to clean the brass filter. Don't forget to get new o-rings for where the lines screw into the housing.

Here is a link to the parts catalog:

Enter your serial number and search "filter". It will be in the hydrostatic section.
I've seen those on other 743's, but my pump is different.. I don't have that box on the front with the lines going in the front.. mine comes in from the sides d there are no filters in there

Attachments

• IMG_20240106_172418822_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20240106_172418822_HDR.jpg
    294.9 KB · Views: 51

brdgbldr

I've seen those on other 743's, but my pump is different.. I don't have that box on the front with the lines going in the front.. mine comes in from the sides d there are no filters in there
Yeah, I always forget that the older models did not come with in-line hydrostatic filters.

dfb

I had trouble with a drive motor and had a hydraulic shop reseal it with a kit from Bobcat, that one worked Great so I had them do the other one. Something got screwed up and it behaved "all kinds of stupid", that shop wanted nothing to do with it at that point so I got another kit and took it to shop #2. They showed me the one seal that had popped out of place during reassembly. It worked perfect like the 1st one after that. If your motors have not been resealed it might just be time. BTW my 742B only has the brass case drain filter, they had minimal debris. HTH.

Dave1234

I had trouble with a drive motor and had a hydraulic shop reseal it with a kit from Bobcat, that one worked Great so I had them do the other one. Something got screwed up and it behaved "all kinds of stupid", that shop wanted nothing to do with it at that point so I got another kit and took it to shop #2. They showed me the one seal that had popped out of place during reassembly. It worked perfect like the 1st one after that. If your motors have not been resealed it might just be time. BTW my 742B only has the brass case drain filter, they had minimal debris. HTH.
Any chance of more details?

dfb

Any chance of more details?
Just saw the message for more details, glad to answer what I can. What info would you like?
My machine would not go straight with the sticks all the way forward, I reversed the motors and the problem followed the weak motor and went to the other side. Resealing the motors fixed my problem but if swapping your motors did no change your results it is probably not a motor issue but something upstream.

Latest posts