S 300

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Coke-in-MN

S 300 - right rear wheel will go into Crab position and not return .
This happens in Crab (4 wheel steer) and also in locked skid drive
Had shop check it out and $4,000 later was suppose to be fixed but does the same thing again.
If one switches to skid mode , then plays with the left hand control it sometimes will come back to normal .
Otherwise one has to bump wheel with another machine or against something to get wheel straight again .
Shop more or less through parts at machine hoping each fix solved problem - NONE DID .
Can't afford another trial and error trip to dealer as still paying off last fiasco there !

Phil314

A300 right?
Do you think the wheel is sticking?
Or it is something to do with the left hand control?

Throwing parts at a problem is never the right way to solve a problem.
What did the dealer replace? So we know what part it isn't.

OP
OP
C

Coke-in-MN

A 300 yes - Dealer was at a loss , said they checked and replaces sensor on wheel , replaced seal as it might have been from leaking oil , then suggested computer , and several other it might be things . Not much help or did it solve problem .

Phil314

Not real familiar with the steering on bobcats, but the wheels are steered with hydraulic cylinders.
So somewhere there has to be a valve block and solenoids that controls the wheels.
My first guess would be a bad solenoid controlling the right rear.
Or debris stuck in the valve block.
Finally I'd check for frayed/broken wires to the solenoid.
Lastly I'd check that the steering cylinder is not physically sticking.

brdgbldr

I know there is a way to control each wheel individually in case this happens so that the operator can get to a safe area.

You need to check your manual. I know that the procedure was in both the operators and maintenance manuals. I will check mine when I get a chance and get back to you.

Last edited:

brdgbldr

Here are a couple of photos from the manual (my A300 is a 2005) that give the procedure for straightening out a wheel when there is a problem.

Sorry I can't help with the actual problem but hopefully this will help when the problem happens and you won't have to beat the wheel back into possition.

Attachments

• IMG_0488.jpeg
    IMG_0488.jpeg
    413.7 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_0489.jpeg
    IMG_0489.jpeg
    407.1 KB · Views: 30

Latest posts