Right motor mount small drip 1987 743

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Madbobcater743

Just got the new engine inside. 1702 Tightened up the electronics to fully function. Now I'm chasing very small tiny hydraulic leaks. My right motor cover just has the smallest drip. I thought when I cleaned it the first time it was tight. I guess I was wrong. Anyhow what is the the suggested way to attach this (hopefully) last bug. My gut tells me to flip the cab and inspect first before I investigate from the outside. Thanks- Charles

Tazza

Staff member
Are you talking about the reduction box that the drive motor mounts to? if so, is it leaking between the reduction box and the chain case? I had a machine that i pulled to nothing, i had a small leak between these two, the only way to fix it properly is to pull the reduction box off and re-seal it. I just went around it with silicone, didn't get it all, so it had a drip here and there.
If that is not the source, is it coming from where the motor mounts to the reduction box? there is a large O ring that seals the two.
Get it clean and hunt around, you will find the source. Hopefully it's not the hydraulic hose that loops up from underneath the control block.