Bobcat 1987 model 743

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

cdmccul

Welcome aboard, Don!

Are you looking for repair advise on your leaky spool valves?

jp8775

The manual gives great detail. Pay attention to clearances and replace all the valves. You do not want to go through all this again in a few weeks. Replace every o ring as well. I have a 743b about the same age as your I did the spool on. I have a spool manual. Too big to post so if you send me your email I will sent it to you. [email protected]

Last edited:

jp8775

This is a 35 meg fille, I was able to compress it. I have a scanned in copy of the bobcat manual also but it is 65 meg and would need to put it up on a FTP site and may at some time. This manual that I put up should be able to be used on any spool the theory is the same just more or less spools valves. I was given this file as well years ago.

Attachments

• 102117733B6DB509-compressed.pdf
    2.9 MB · Views: 138

Markle

This is a 35 meg fille, I was able to compress it. I have a scanned in copy of the bobcat manual also but it is 65 meg and would need to put it up on a FTP site and may at some time. This manual that I put up should be able to be used on any spool the theory is the same just more or less spools valves. I was given this file as well years ago.
Thank you for this. Has anyone located a manual that covers earlier SN 743s with the Gresen valve unit? The load check locations are different. Thank you

jfasula23

Hello. I purchased my first bobcat a few years ago in an auction and use for my snow removal business. It is a bobcat 743. Unknown year my guess is 80s -90s. But what I noticed is there are no auxiliary hydraulics on the machine so I cannot use attachments. It has just an empty bracket where the auxiliary connections mount on the front of machine. Was wondering if there is anyway I add them on or what. Any help would be great

Cary E Sip Sr

I thought I didn't have aux hyd on my 743 but turns out I did . A bolt was locking it from moving L & R. if my knee accidently pushed it. Lift seat ( cab) to see if at bottom of R. hydro lever has a bolt in aux valve.

therick

I thought I didn't have aux hyd on my 743 but turns out I did . A bolt was locking it from moving L & R. if my knee accidently pushed it. Lift seat ( cab) to see if at bottom of R. hydro lever has a bolt in aux valve.
Assuming no one ever used the aux hyd, have you had any issues starting to use it after all that time?

jfasula23

Did yours have connections on the front of your machine for aux hyd? Mine just has a bracket where the connections fit into but they're not there neither are the hyd lines that are needed for aux hyd

brdgbldr

Did yours have connections on the front of your machine for aux hyd? Mine just has a bracket where the connections fit into but they're not there neither are the hyd lines that are needed for aux hyd
I believe all 743's originally came with auxiliary hydraulics.

I think that maybe over the years if someone did not need the auxiliary and it started leaking or the tubes got hung up and bent, they would just plug them off and remove them.

Go to the parts catalog:

Enter your serial number and search "auxiliary". You should find the parts and get a general idea of where everything should be.

therick

Yes mine does have the connections.

jfasula23

I believe all 743's originally came with auxiliary hydraulics.

I think that maybe over the years if someone did not need the auxiliary and it started leaking or the tubes got hung up and bent, they would just plug them off and remove them.

Go to the parts catalog:

Enter your serial number and search "auxiliary". You should find the parts and get a general idea of where everything should be.

Attachments

• IMG_2792.png
    IMG_2792.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 44
  • IMG_2791.png
    IMG_2791.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 51

jfasula23

see I have a bracket for the aux hydro connections to be mounted. Just don't know if this machine is equipped with them. If anyone can help that would be great

brdgbldr

see I have a bracket for the aux hydro connections to be mounted. Just don't know if this machine is equipped with them. If anyone can help that would be great
Here is a link to the parts catalog:

You should be able to find the auxiliary components and where the spool is on the control valve.

I do see that at some point they were listed as an option so your machine may not be set up for them.

laurencen

you can confirm by lifting the cab and look if there is a linkage from the lever to the valve, on my 743 both of them also had a 4th spool for rear hookups, the left lever had a lock bolt to prevent movement and a cable running to the valve, I believe the spool valves were all the same

jfasula23

Here is a link to the parts catalog:

You should be able to find the auxiliary components and where the spool is on the control valve.

I do see that at some point they were listed as an option so your machine may not be set up for them