right hand control 853

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

skidsteer.ca

Ken, to be more specific, the BC mechanic disconnected the control box and hooked up a test box, he said the wiring was fine from the control box connector to the handle. He said it could be the control box or something in the control valve?.
Well that would simplify the process, I'd call around on the part to see if there is a better price to start with, try barronsupply.com also are the coils marked with a voltage tag.
I still see no reason for the box, wire you rg steerind switches through relays and power up the coil
Ken

skidsteer.ca

Well that would simplify the process, I'd call around on the part to see if there is a better price to start with, try barronsupply.com also are the coils marked with a voltage tag.
I still see no reason for the box, wire you rg steerind switches through relays and power up the coil
Ken
that should read RH steering switches

Tazza

Staff member
that should read RH steering switches
I agree with Ken, i'd hook up wires and switches to the coils and run them separate to the BICS box to be sure. I'd love to hack into a BICS box, i bet its just a very simple setup, most things like this are repairable if you know what to look for.
This is why i'm really glad my 743 has no integrated electronics.
Good luck with it!!

OP
OP
P

perry

I agree with Ken, i'd hook up wires and switches to the coils and run them separate to the BICS box to be sure. I'd love to hack into a BICS box, i bet its just a very simple setup, most things like this are repairable if you know what to look for.
Good luck with it!!
Taz, I believe it's filled with epoxy, no way to get in,......

skidsteer.ca

Taz, I believe it's filled with epoxy, no way to get in,......
Perry
Was your the rectangular aluminum box mounted above the hyd tank? Mine was visable on the opposite side of the cab from your hyd fill/dipstick. Through the round hole.
One of the other styles was down on the frame by the hyd filters. That one was supposed to be less then mine. No idea on the 3rd, but I would call Barron 1-800-572-8333 and see what they quote you.
If you can't get a price you can live with I can check voltage and amp draw on my loader when it comes back in and I'm sure it could be wired through relays to protect your switches and with resistors to lower the voltage. The amp draw must be minimal for the one coil to work in continuos mode as it would recieve constant power.

Imo, its inexcusable to wire in all that unecesary crud and expect the user to pay those prices for it. Their electronics is anything but reliable
Ken

OP
OP
P

perry

Perry
Was your the rectangular aluminum box mounted above the hyd tank? Mine was visable on the opposite side of the cab from your hyd fill/dipstick. Through the round hole.
One of the other styles was down on the frame by the hyd filters. That one was supposed to be less then mine. No idea on the 3rd, but I would call Barron 1-800-572-8333 and see what they quote you.
If you can't get a price you can live with I can check voltage and amp draw on my loader when it comes back in and I'm sure it could be wired through relays to protect your switches and with resistors to lower the voltage. The amp draw must be minimal for the one coil to work in continuos mode as it would recieve constant power.
Imo, its inexcusable to wire in all that unecesary crud and expect the user to pay those prices for it. Their electronics is anything but reliable
Ken
It's mounted above my left shoulder under the cage. I found and then lost the phone# for a salvage yard for bobcats and other skid steers. I remember the guy saying the control box is usually the first thing to go!. I didn't, but the BC mechanic said to remove the control box and make sure no wires were cut from where they wrap around the back of the control box, I'll try that tomorrow AM.
You know, your right, this shouldn't be this complicated.......

skidsteer.ca

It's mounted above my left shoulder under the cage. I found and then lost the phone# for a salvage yard for bobcats and other skid steers. I remember the guy saying the control box is usually the first thing to go!. I didn't, but the BC mechanic said to remove the control box and make sure no wires were cut from where they wrap around the back of the control box, I'll try that tomorrow AM.
You know, your right, this shouldn't be this complicated.......
That sound like the same box I have and I was quoted less then 600 at Barron about 2 weeks b4 I emailed the info to you.
Ken

skidsteer.ca

Good luck with it!!
Tazza
This is'nt even the bics box, its a separate one that only controls the aux hyd.
The only thing that should be affected is the already disabled aux hyd.
Ken

OP
OP
P

perry

Tazza
This is'nt even the bics box, its a separate one that only controls the aux hyd.
The only thing that should be affected is the already disabled aux hyd.
Ken
My aux.hyd. spools and coils are incorporated in the main valve body, the main control box is mounted above the hyd. reservoir to your left while seated. That's how my 853C is set up. My service manual indicates other mounting configurationsfor the aux hyd., it adds to the confusion. ^@(&#$)%

OP
OP
P

perry

My aux.hyd. spools and coils are incorporated in the main valve body, the main control box is mounted above the hyd. reservoir to your left while seated. That's how my 853C is set up. My service manual indicates other mounting configurationsfor the aux hyd., it adds to the confusion. ^@(&#$)%
I don't have a box between the handle switches and the aux. hyd.?. Is there one?

OP
OP
P

perry

I don't have a box between the handle switches and the aux. hyd.?. Is there one?
Ken or Tazza, can I get a contact for 'Barron', or any other supplier that might carry the control box?. Or a salvage yard.
In the meanwhile, I'll check to see where I can find voltage reducers or resistors to wire it manually.

Thanks

OP
OP
P

perry

Ken or Tazza, can I get a contact for 'Barron', or any other supplier that might carry the control box?. Or a salvage yard.
In the meanwhile, I'll check to see where I can find voltage reducers or resistors to wire it manually.

Thanks
Something strange happened this morning, I unhooked the electrical connections and pulled the control box to check for exposed wires and found none. It was filled with epoxy and I tapped on it a couple of times and reinstalled, started the BC and pushed on the aux. buttons and pushed the right hand switch to the right and noticed the hyd. system was laboring!, pushed the other way and it labored again.
I hooked up the trencher and it worked, forward and reverse and stop, but the trigger didn't do anything?, I played with it for a while and the reverse and middle stop position stopped working?. now the only way to stop the trencher is to push the lever to the left and hold it?.
Any idea what I did and how I can get it working correctly again?.

Thanks

Tazza

Staff member
Something strange happened this morning, I unhooked the electrical connections and pulled the control box to check for exposed wires and found none. It was filled with epoxy and I tapped on it a couple of times and reinstalled, started the BC and pushed on the aux. buttons and pushed the right hand switch to the right and noticed the hyd. system was laboring!, pushed the other way and it labored again.
I hooked up the trencher and it worked, forward and reverse and stop, but the trigger didn't do anything?, I played with it for a while and the reverse and middle stop position stopped working?. now the only way to stop the trencher is to push the lever to the left and hold it?.
Any idea what I did and how I can get it working correctly again?.

Thanks
I don't have any contacts for gear like that, sorry :(
It sounds like a dry solder joint in the box causing the problem as you did say your dealer put in a test box and the wiring tested out correctly. Have you tried harassing Mark? (aka bobcat parts manager) He may be able to get you a good price on a new box. It never hurts to ask.

OP
OP
P

perry

I don't have any contacts for gear like that, sorry :(
It sounds like a dry solder joint in the box causing the problem as you did say your dealer put in a test box and the wiring tested out correctly. Have you tried harassing Mark? (aka bobcat parts manager) He may be able to get you a good price on a new box. It never hurts to ask.
Does he work at the lake city BC?

skidsteer.ca

Sorry, I missed that. Tommorrow I'm cleaning all connections, I suspect a good connection might do the trick.
Perry, Just ask for "bobcat parts" at Barron,
Clean your conections if they look bad at all. Did you have both green lights on when you tried the finger trigger? It is not suposed to work with ony the one light on
Ken

skidsteer.ca

Perry, Just ask for "bobcat parts" at Barron,
Clean your conections if they look bad at all. Did you have both green lights on when you tried the finger trigger? It is not suposed to work with ony the one light on
Ken
Perry
Once the flow stuck on where the green lights flashing again? likely not.
It sounds like the spool is stuck on again (when you hold the thumb switch left it should then restart as soon as you release if the opposite side (switch to right) spool is sticking.
If you check you coils for voltage and find none then its a spool again. If there is voltage you have a bad switch or something suppling current when it should not.
Ken

OP
OP
P

perry

Perry
Once the flow stuck on where the green lights flashing again? likely not.
It sounds like the spool is stuck on again (when you hold the thumb switch left it should then restart as soon as you release if the opposite side (switch to right) spool is sticking.
If you check you coils for voltage and find none then its a spool again. If there is voltage you have a bad switch or something suppling current when it should not.
Ken
Correct Ken, when I hold the thumb switch to the left it stops and starts when relesed. One more time, what does the trigger do?. I noticed the engine labored when I pulled the trigger?.
Does the control box require a ground?, That might be pat of the problem, everything worked after I pulled and reinstalled the control box and electrical connections. Somewhere around here I have a spray can used to spray and clean electrical connections, hope I can find it?.
Thanks again guys......