Replacing hyd. pump in my 853

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

perry

To keep from making a mess, what else should I do besides draining the hyd. reservoir.

Thanks

Tazza

Staff member
Thats really about all you can do...
It would be an idea if you plugged the lines as you remove them. You will still make a mess, but there isn't a lot you can do about it.

Fishfiles

Pretty easy job ,if you are talking just the gear pump that runs boom , tilt and aux hyd , 2 hours unless the bolts that hold the gear pump to the sunstrand give you trouble -----be sure to take the plastic plug out the end of the new pump right next to the input shaft ------to drain the oil I usually boom up and block the boom up with safety bar , connect a quick coupler with a hole on the end and put it in a 5 gallon bucket , start the engine and engage the aux and pump out the oil till it starts to bubble then shut it off , I would suggest a hyd filter change witha new gear pump

OP
OP
P

perry

Pretty easy job ,if you are talking just the gear pump that runs boom , tilt and aux hyd , 2 hours unless the bolts that hold the gear pump to the sunstrand give you trouble -----be sure to take the plastic plug out the end of the new pump right next to the input shaft ------to drain the oil I usually boom up and block the boom up with safety bar , connect a quick coupler with a hole on the end and put it in a 5 gallon bucket , start the engine and engage the aux and pump out the oil till it starts to bubble then shut it off , I would suggest a hyd filter change witha new gear pump
Thanks guys.........