rebuild cylinder what else can it be??

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

downrigger

i put all new parts in my bucket cylinder on l553. still want to drift down what else can i look for??? thank's jim

Tazza

Staff member
Your control block should have load checks, if they are damaged or if the seals are worn the bucket will fall. Never worked on a NH, so i'm not sure exactly where they are, but each segment of the control block should have two, one for one direction, one for the other.

Mike10

The bucket solenoid valve should hold the bucket in position when you are not in the seat. Lock the boom up and exit the loader and see if the empty bucket still drifts down. If it does it is more than likely the cylinder causing the problem. To be sure get some caps to fit the hose fittings on the cylinder. Lower the boom to the ground and remove pressure from the bucket cylinder. Remove the hoses and install the caps on the bucket cylinder fittings. Raise and lock the boom up and see if the cylinder still drifts down.
Did you check your cylinder barrel for scouring? Also look for a dent in the barrel. Did you use genuine parts?

Treekiller66

The bucket solenoid valve should hold the bucket in position when you are not in the seat. Lock the boom up and exit the loader and see if the empty bucket still drifts down. If it does it is more than likely the cylinder causing the problem. To be sure get some caps to fit the hose fittings on the cylinder. Lower the boom to the ground and remove pressure from the bucket cylinder. Remove the hoses and install the caps on the bucket cylinder fittings. Raise and lock the boom up and see if the cylinder still drifts down.
Did you check your cylinder barrel for scouring? Also look for a dent in the barrel. Did you use genuine parts?
Had the same thing happen to me a while back. Turns out most peoples idea of a rebuild is new seals and put her back with scared barrels. That tends not to work. I have given up on rebuilds and just buy new. Till ya pay a machine shop there is not a big difference. Think the last one i bought was 400.00 give or take. Not for free but the problems fixed.

OP
OP
D

downrigger

Had the same thing happen to me a while back. Turns out most peoples idea of a rebuild is new seals and put her back with scared barrels. That tends not to work. I have given up on rebuilds and just buy new. Till ya pay a machine shop there is not a big difference. Think the last one i bought was 400.00 give or take. Not for free but the problems fixed.
thank you .i would of been back sooner but i had to go have another stent install got to keep the ticker going.thank's again.jim

OP
OP
D

downrigger

thank's do i have to cap the hoses off ?

Mike10

thank's do i have to cap the hoses off ?
I would, just to keep the mess down. You should not get much leakage out of the hoses by raising the boom so the bucket is a few inches off the ground, but if you accidently hit the wrong pedal you could have a big mess.

jerry

I would, just to keep the mess down. You should not get much leakage out of the hoses by raising the boom so the bucket is a few inches off the ground, but if you accidently hit the wrong pedal you could have a big mess.
When you resealed the cyl were the seals still intact? If some of the seal or o ring was gone it could very well be lodged in the valve somewhere. It does happen.

hotdogsL553

When you resealed the cyl were the seals still intact? If some of the seal or o ring was gone it could very well be lodged in the valve somewhere. It does happen.
Mr. Downrigger: Did the stent work out OK? I have three. I hope all is well with you. Did you get your cylinder problem worked out? Thanks, Hotdog

OP
OP
D

downrigger

Mr. Downrigger: Did the stent work out OK? I have three. I hope all is well with you. Did you get your cylinder problem worked out? Thanks, Hotdog
hello hotdog l553 well in 1993 i had four byprass and that lasted till2003 then i started with the stent's up till now i have eleven to be fair only eight go's to the heart than two to the kidney's and one to repair an aneurysm on the aorta artey. the good lord has been good to me.i'm 74year's young thank's for asking

Tazza

Staff member
hello hotdog l553 well in 1993 i had four byprass and that lasted till2003 then i started with the stent's up till now i have eleven to be fair only eight go's to the heart than two to the kidney's and one to repair an aneurysm on the aorta artey. the good lord has been good to me.i'm 74year's young thank's for asking
Wow, that's some bad luck... But you are still here, glad things are still going well.

Latest posts