Rear idler replacement

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

AgT250

I have a 2003 T250 with 2450 hours on it with the original sprockets, rollers and idlers. tracks have about 1200 hours on them and still in fair shape with a few minor/moderate cuts. It is always on dirt or in the woods. I noticed within the last 25 hours of use that the right rear idler is wearing at a very fast rate & needs to be replaced. The idler is turning and not making any noise but is rapidly showing where it contacts the track on top and the sides. Are the idlers sold on E-bay any count - they run about $260. Also, on the opposite side of my Bobcat a stud has broken off just below the nut on the sprocket. Will it hurt anything to run it that way? Appreciate any feedback. Thanks.

Bobcatdan

If the idler is wearing to the point it looks like a miny sproket, the bearings are bad. I have heard of guys finding these on line, but I don't know where. I have no idea what stud you are taking about, the sprocket is held on by six bolts, anything below that is bolts holding the rear idler or center rollers.

OP
OP
A

AgT250

If the idler is wearing to the point it looks like a miny sproket, the bearings are bad. I have heard of guys finding these on line, but I don't know where. I have no idea what stud you are taking about, the sprocket is held on by six bolts, anything below that is bolts holding the rear idler or center rollers.
Thanks for the reply - you have a good description. The idler wear patterns do resemble a mini-sprocket. The sides aren't that bad yet, but, the top of the idler has dish impressions about an 1/8" deep. As far as the other problem I'm having with the sprocket on the opposite side of the machine -the hydrostatic motor on my Bobcat is definitely uses 6 part # 6674706 (studs) with 6 #667424 (nuts) to attach part 6681620 (shaft) to part #6715821 (sprocket).

7LBSSMALLIE

Thanks for the reply - you have a good description. The idler wear patterns do resemble a mini-sprocket. The sides aren't that bad yet, but, the top of the idler has dish impressions about an 1/8" deep. As far as the other problem I'm having with the sprocket on the opposite side of the machine -the hydrostatic motor on my Bobcat is definitely uses 6 part # 6674706 (studs) with 6 #667424 (nuts) to attach part 6681620 (shaft) to part #6715821 (sprocket).
TRACK TENSION TRACK TENSION, JUST CAUSE THERE IS A ZERK DOESNT MEAN PUMP TILL TIGHT , RAISE IT CENTER ROLLLER 1/2 TO 5/8 SAG INSPECT CROME ADJUST ROD FOR LEAKAGE , ALSO LOOK AT HI PRESS ZERK FOR SAME,

Latest posts