RC-60 Fuel Tank

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

DSSllc

Has anyone pulled their fuel tank from the machine? I would assume it is the same RC-50 or 60. Does the tank drop from below or does the ROPS have to be removed and the tank come out from the top side? It appears as though the hand control consoles would impede the tank removal without removing the ROPS. I accquired a used machine with low hrs and pretty good shape however I have rust pieces from the tank which have caused fuel starvation a couple of times. I changed the fuel filter and clean the water separator (rust/mud inside). I am seriously thinking about installing a new tank. I don't want any issues when I am on the job. BC

Digdeep

The tank comes out through the cab. I think all you need to do is pull the belly pan so that you can drain the tank (siphoning might be easier). Pull the seat (remember to unplug the seat switch), I think there are four bolts holding it in. Unbolt the fuel tank, remove the fuel feeder, and the suction line and remove the tank. You can also contact ASV to ask for their service department. I have done this when looking for technical advice and they have been extremely helpful. You can find the number on their website.

Blackhammer

I was having the same problems. The machine was about 2 years old. I had the tank replaced by the dealer and they had to pull the ROPS. They had the machine for 2-3 days I think. I still had some rust issues with the water seperator for the first few tanks of fuel but it runs good now. I just always make sure the tank is full when it sits.

wjbibb

I was having the same problems. The machine was about 2 years old. I had the tank replaced by the dealer and they had to pull the ROPS. They had the machine for 2-3 days I think. I still had some rust issues with the water seperator for the first few tanks of fuel but it runs good now. I just always make sure the tank is full when it sits.
Hi, I have a RC-50 (2008). Fuel tank has a 1" stress fracture in the front, right next to all the hydraulics. The previous three posts don't give a definitive answer to whether the tank comes out from the top or from the bottom. Also, does the ROPS have to be removed? Any other help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Jack

MotoX_Racer07

Hi, I have a RC-50 (2008). Fuel tank has a 1" stress fracture in the front, right next to all the hydraulics. The previous three posts don't give a definitive answer to whether the tank comes out from the top or from the bottom. Also, does the ROPS have to be removed? Any other help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Jack
The fuel tank comes out through the top. Best bet is to pull the ROPS. Its fairly simple, but it all depends on your mechanical skills too. You'll need a forklift (what I used) to lift off, or chain fall will work. It was to awkward for two guys to lift. I've had the tank out of mine numerous times. Along with engine, hydraulics etc. I know the Rc50/60 chassis inside out.

wjbibb

The fuel tank comes out through the top. Best bet is to pull the ROPS. Its fairly simple, but it all depends on your mechanical skills too. You'll need a forklift (what I used) to lift off, or chain fall will work. It was to awkward for two guys to lift. I've had the tank out of mine numerous times. Along with engine, hydraulics etc. I know the Rc50/60 chassis inside out.
Thanks. That is what I figured. I am in the process of disassembly now. I'm pretty slow, so it will take days, maybe a week or so. I'm taking pix. Does this site allow you to post pix of the disassembly/reassembly somewhere?