Problem with Oil in Antifreeze 743

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

superniceguy5687

Hi Everyone:

Hope everyone is good. I have a 743 which was running great. I ended up getting a leak on my lift cylinders, but got all that done and it works great. However, while i was doing this I figured I would give the whole thing a look over. When I removed my radiator cap, I found what looks like oil floating around in there. There seemed like alot in there. I drained everything, flushed everything out. I just put water in the rad and fired it up and I could see bubbles in the water when I started it up and looked into the radiatior. I checked my crankcase oil and it appears to be okay level wise. Same goes with the hydraulic. Where is this oil coming from????? Is it a cracked head??? and just letting tiny amounts of crankcase oil in making it appear like there is a huge amount. I also checked where the hydraulic oil goes into the little rad (cooler) and its all dry. And I dont think its hooked up to the main rad where the antifreeze is. It runs absolutely fine otherwise just the oil in the antifreeze has me worried. Is it a cracked head??? If so, how hard is it change out and do the timing, etc as I think I can get replacements online. I never over fill either the hydraulic or crankcase oil at all. I hope someone can help me. Or is the machine toast??? Thank you. Glen

foton

it might be just a bad head gasket but most likely the head will need to be pulled to verify the bad gasket, with that said kubotas do not like to be overheated, so if the engine has not been overheated, I would lean towards just a bad head gasket. but if you are not certain take the head in to get checked.

OP
OP
S

superniceguy5687

Hi. Okay thank you. I've never had a problem at all with over heating. Its always ran cool. I have a new gauge and sending unit and its always been in the low green area. Never even got close to red at all. So I am hoping and praying its just a head gasket. Would I have coolant in the engine oil if the block is cracked???

North Idaho Wolfman

The blocks don't crack on kubota engines.
What your seeing in the radiator is not oil but burnt or semi burnt diesel.
I'll hope your head gasket is blown but chances are very likely you have a cracked head, they very prone to this.
Pulling the head is super easy and replacing it doesn't involve any timing or any adjustment other than the valve lash.

Latest posts