pinched quik tatch cable

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

eagledraw

I just bought a Deere 332 skid steer. In just a few days the quik tatch cable has been severely pinched several times between the plate and front of the 332. The little plug is on the verge of breaking. Any ideas on how to protect the cable and plug?

frank123

Was this a factory installed QT or dealer installed? I looked at a factory one yesterday and I couldn't see where it would pinch. It has the heavy metal cable running from the plate to the boom frame to keep things in place there. Beyond that everything was tucked in and banded pretty well to keep it out of trouble. I haven't heard of anybody I know having this problem. If the dealer put it on, maybe things aren't routed or banded quite the way they should be.
Frank

OP
OP
E

eagledraw

Was this a factory installed QT or dealer installed? I looked at a factory one yesterday and I couldn't see where it would pinch. It has the heavy metal cable running from the plate to the boom frame to keep things in place there. Beyond that everything was tucked in and banded pretty well to keep it out of trouble. I haven't heard of anybody I know having this problem. If the dealer put it on, maybe things aren't routed or banded quite the way they should be.
Frank
I guess it was dealer installed because it is inside a flimsy tube with a canvas jacket on it.....the whole thing is not very secure and flounces around a lot.

frank123

I guess it was dealer installed because it is inside a flimsy tube with a canvas jacket on it.....the whole thing is not very secure and flounces around a lot.
I'd swing by the dealer when you have it on the trailer some time and set it next to a new factory one if possible. Maybe the dealer kit is different from the factory one, but if it is getting pinched or snagged, it's not right and they should remedy the situation for you. Even if the mounting system is a little different, you should still be able to route it the same and keep it from pinching, since the boom and plate are the same.
Frank

Latest posts