Parking brake & Auxiliary Hydraulics issue

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

nitro3421

I'm having an issue with my Mustang 2070 where the parking won't release unless the mode switch is in the red (down) position with auxiliary hydraulics attached. I've never had any auxiliary hydraulics attached before so I dont know if this is a new issue or not. With the mode switch down (red), the parking brake releases and everything function but there's a constant loud beeping. Anyone have any advise? I'd like to be able to have the mode switch up (green) and not have the beeping when my auxiliary hydraulics are in use.

OP
OP
N

nitro3421

Any ideas? I'm almost certain it's an electronic issue now. I thought I solved it by completely topping off hydraulic fluid (it was halfway down the hash marks on the dip stick) but it's started doing it again. Any help would be appreciated.

Tazza

Staff member
Any ideas? I'm almost certain it's an electronic issue now. I thought I solved it by completely topping off hydraulic fluid (it was halfway down the hash marks on the dip stick) but it's started doing it again. Any help would be appreciated.
I guess it is always possible the aux hydraulics are out of alignment allowing fluid to be diverted....
I have never worked on one of these machines before, so i really can't give you an answer

OP
OP
N

nitro3421

I guess it is always possible the aux hydraulics are out of alignment allowing fluid to be diverted....
I have never worked on one of these machines before, so i really can't give you an answer
It's still doing it, but I've narrowed it down to happening only when it's cold/during the first 15 minutes of use. Once it's fully warmed up, it functions properly. I'm able to bypass the lockout by switching the mode switch to red to allow me to drive and holding the manual bucket down override switch to raise/lower the bucket. This is driving me nuts!

Tazza

Staff member
It's still doing it, but I've narrowed it down to happening only when it's cold/during the first 15 minutes of use. Once it's fully warmed up, it functions properly. I'm able to bypass the lockout by switching the mode switch to red to allow me to drive and holding the manual bucket down override switch to raise/lower the bucket. This is driving me nuts!
When it's cold, the oil will be thicker, so ideally the charge and system pressure should be higher as to not give you any trouble. I was half considering the problem may have been a sender but it should have gone the other way.
Just how cold is it outside? below freezing? i'm just wondering if there is any chance there is water that is freezing plugging something up, a very long shot i know.....
The other thing is that something is bent and when it's cold the metal is binding but when hot it is free to move, but that also doesn't make sense why flipping the switch allows it to work..... Unless the issue is some sort of sender that is binding up.
I sure do hope you find what is the cause of all this.....