overheating mini excavator

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

downey

Hi, I'm new here. I have a 1998 325 excavator, I've had it for 2 yrs with no problems, I just use it on my farm and have put 250 hrs on it. Lately it has been overheating and the charging indicator is showing very high. ( although it always starts every time). I have checked the belt, it seems OK and I have drained and replaced the coolant. It is now overheating under light work, and I have had the warning buzzer come on. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

RS Coyote

Get a laser temperature gauge and find out how hot it really is running. I have a F350 that reads over heating all the time on the gauge but its actually running cool.

OP
OP
D

downey

I believe I have curred the overheating. Excavators have two rads one for the engine and one for the hydraulic oil. They are seperated by about 1/2" and crap gets stuck inside there. So I was told to blow it out, use a coat hanger, or power wash the debris out. It did and it seems to be working fine. Thanks

Tazza

Staff member
I believe I have curred the overheating. Excavators have two rads one for the engine and one for the hydraulic oil. They are seperated by about 1/2" and crap gets stuck inside there. So I was told to blow it out, use a coat hanger, or power wash the debris out. It did and it seems to be working fine. Thanks
Yeah, that would cause a problem or two.... Thats one thing that all earth moving gear can have problems with, they are used in dirt they can easily clog up with dust. If there was any oil about it will make it 1000 times worse. I hope your heat problem is sorted out for good.