Only starts with a jump from battery charger. Case 1840 changed the battery still have to jump it to start. Changed the starter still have to jump it

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Trapper7

Case 1840 won't start unless I jump it changed battery still have to jump it to start. Changed the starter still have to jump it to start. Change ground cable nothing changed.

mrbb

I would say Maybe try using a meter and seeing what voltage is at starter, ,
I would also ask, do you have a battery disconnect, ,as I have had them fail and cause low voltage to get past them, to things like starter and key switch and so on
corrosion can also happen to positive side of cable, so, could be that is bad,
even if you don't see it at ends, it can creep under insulation and cause issues!

billyb

Case 1840 won't start unless I jump it changed battery still have to jump it to start. Changed the starter still have to jump it to start. Change ground cable nothing changed.
I have owned a few Case 1840 and 1845C sjidsteers. I currently have 4 of them. A common problem is not enough current from the ignition switch to the starter start terminal. The solution is to find the wire going to the starter under the seat. Cut it and install a solenoid switch or HD relay. Hook wire from Ign, that you cut, to energize the relay. Run a cable from battery power to one side of the relay and connect the wire from the starter, that you cut, to the other side of the relay. Problem solved!

Latest posts