1835c Battery mounting plate issue

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

cmkruse

Well My battery mounting plate was rusted away so I thought Id replace it. I removed all the old pieces and discarded them (mistake) and then I started looking on line for a replacement. Well I guess these things are like hens teeth and rare as can be. I finally found a used one from Wengers tractor parts so I ordered it up and it arrived all rusty and dirty as expected. I cleaned it up and repainted it so it would last a l;ittle longer than the last one. The rubber isolator bushings were still attached (Who Hoo) so I proceeded to install the thing and low and behold the bolt patterns don't even come close to matching. If I had kept the old parts I might have been able to fabricate one but that's not possible. While checking this out I researched the part number and I guess what I received isn't like the one I took out. I do recall the original one had a verticle bar at the rear and the one from Wengers doesn't but I figured that wouldn't be a problem and I could use it anyway. But like I said before the bolt pattern is way off. So if anyone knows what the correct battery plate part number is, or know where I can find one like the original with the rear vertical bar I would be eternally grateful. Thanks for reading about my dilemma I hope you are having a better time with your project than I am with mine.

mrbb

have you tried contacting a goo dealer, as many GOOD dealers have means to track down discontinued parts

messicks is GOOD at this I know

this link might get you to there site page on the part you need

SUPPORT

Part # H435259 Discontinued
-TRAY

Notes:battery, 8 mm thick, used with P/N D52276 insulator, no longer available, order P/N H437552 tray and 4 P/N H438341 insulators, Ref. 14 and 15?

OR this link if not, go to electrical parts and then battery mounting link, which shows all parts to it

if they cannot find you one, I don't think it looks that hard to make one, just need to take some measurements , a good machine shop should be able to make you one pretty easy, or even yourself, not that hard to measure and drill holes where needed in some mild steel!
when I re did mine(different machine) I cleaned and prepped things and use POR 15 to coat it, then some good paint on top, to keep rust away!, I also places a rubber pad between battery and plate to help on vibrations , I also added a battery heated pad to help in winter time, , seems to help some, but not sure if it was worth the money,, didn;t get much cold use on machine this past winter, to say better on it!

OP
OP
C

cmkruse

Ok THANKS, lots of good information. I think Ill take your advice and just reposition the one I got from Wengers and drill some new mounting holes. i just have to check on clearances as there is some cable pullies in the area. It wont be original but should work. Its still interesting to me that the one I removed was made different than the ones shown in the parts list and the one I got from Wengers. I thought maybe it was a production change but I checked my numbers and the listings are right for my year and I don't see any that match what I took out when looking at other models so Ill just chalk it up to one of those unsolved mysteries. Thank for chiming in.

mrbb

Ok THANKS, lots of good information. I think Ill take your advice and just reposition the one I got from Wengers and drill some new mounting holes. i just have to check on clearances as there is some cable pullies in the area. It wont be original but should work. Its still interesting to me that the one I removed was made different than the ones shown in the parts list and the one I got from Wengers. I thought maybe it was a production change but I checked my numbers and the listings are right for my year and I don't see any that match what I took out when looking at other models so Ill just chalk it up to one of those unsolved mysteries. Thank for chiming in.
on the link I gave you it showed t his, maybe there are two different trays or set ups for them

-TRAY
Notes:battery, 8 mm thick, used with P/N D52276 insulator, no longer available, order P/N H437552 tray and 4 P/N H438341 insulators, Ref. 14 and 15?