older gehl hl2500 a bucket tilt cylinders

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

what have i done

Ok I am just a hobbyist and am very Jealous of all the cool skidloaders on here. I just have a small Gehl hl2500A that I tinker around with. Not much of a workhorse but i like it. Lately the bucket has been leaking down and tilting forward. I have to keep nudging the control to keep the bucket up so as not to dump the load prematurely- I HATE when that happens. Would this be a cylinder leaking? I dont see any visual fluid around the cylinder or hose. Is it difficult to reseal the cylinder? Our local Gehl dealer has no interest in looking up stuff for this machine. too old and not enough profit for them I guess. Where do you all recommend finding seals etc for a Gehl 2500? any good online sources for parts? Thanks

Orgnoi1

Thats crazy that the dealer doesnt "want to look up parts" for you... I am pretty sure I would speak with whoever helped you's manager about the fact that they dont want to make money... Do you have a parts manual and or repair manual yet for your machine?

Orgnoi1

Thats crazy that the dealer doesnt "want to look up parts" for you... I am pretty sure I would speak with whoever helped you's manager about the fact that they dont want to make money... Do you have a parts manual and or repair manual yet for your machine?
found some manuals for you online Gehl HL2500 Manuals

OP
OP
W

what have i done

found some manuals for you online Gehl HL2500 Manuals
wow quick responses. The manuals will definately come in handy. I will have to get those. I was also thinking about talking to the manager/owner about the attitude. But I also wanted to be able to say I went here or there and was able to find what I was looking for. With that I would like to throw in since they were so helpful i ordered a new bucket, so they can truly see they are loosing money by treating customers this way. when I find the seals I need for the cylinders how hard is it to change?

coreya3212

wow quick responses. The manuals will definately come in handy. I will have to get those. I was also thinking about talking to the manager/owner about the attitude. But I also wanted to be able to say I went here or there and was able to find what I was looking for. With that I would like to throw in since they were so helpful i ordered a new bucket, so they can truly see they are loosing money by treating customers this way. when I find the seals I need for the cylinders how hard is it to change?
There is a really well laid out post on changing the cylinder seals. I think it was Tazza. Walks you right through everything. You can search the forum and try and find it, or perhaps someone will provide a link to it. I think it was a thread titled Cylinder rebuild or something like that.

Tazza

Staff member
OP
OP
W

what have i done

Not sure exactly where the post is, but here is a bit of detail:
http://www.skidsteerforum.com/DesktopDefault.aspx?tabid=54&frmView=ShowPost&PostID=19691
I found a couple dealers who found the Gehl seal kit for the tilt cylinders they told me it was part # 602897. But I was surpiorsed when they told me $60.58 per kit. Does this seem High? I have never ordered seal kits before but I was figuring in the $25 area. I googled Gehl 602897 and found Baumhydraulics.com has anyone used them for seals? There price is only $17.53 amd I missing something here? Any more advice would be greatly appreciated I want to get this thing done before the snow flies

Tazza

Staff member
I found a couple dealers who found the Gehl seal kit for the tilt cylinders they told me it was part # 602897. But I was surpiorsed when they told me $60.58 per kit. Does this seem High? I have never ordered seal kits before but I was figuring in the $25 area. I googled Gehl 602897 and found Baumhydraulics.com has anyone used them for seals? There price is only $17.53 amd I missing something here? Any more advice would be greatly appreciated I want to get this thing done before the snow flies
I pay about $25 per kit from my local seal guy. Genuine kits will always cost you more, the quality from the seal shops can be just as good, if not better than OEM.

smylingt

When you're a person that loves to tinker such as myself you have to be persistent. I am currently redoing the complete drive assembly on my 2500 and I went through almost a half dozen dealers until I found one that would take the time to deal with me. There is a dealer by the name of h.e. equipment in Memphis,Tn. Their parts dealer is a female by the name of bobbie hubbard, she is quite knowledgeable and is willing to work with you. She just did me up a $800.oo price look-up completely over the phone and email of course. Some of these parts for this machine are still available but quite expensive. Their number (901) 375-4902